About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Snail mail dated 4/13/12

Pamilya!

Holy Cow!  It's still P-day, so don't fear at whether or not this letter is legal.  It's legal.  "It's on the level".

Thank you all so much for th packages!  Your package was amazing!  My entire district loves you all!  Huge shout out to G-ma too.  The sisters and elders loved the chocolate strawberries and Elder Saiid in particular loved the cookie dough balls.  I opened my packages in class and it was like Christms for everyone!  I had to "share the load, the load, the load" so my companions, when it comes to weight can "carry it for a while".  Thank you G-ma and mom/family sooo much!  The goodies were fantastic, the letters were fabulous, the gadgets are exciting, and I'm sure the chips and salsa will be bomb!  Thanks, Matt!  I couldn't believe when all that came out of the box and I was even more shocked when the salsa was THE SALSA!!!!!  Salu-salo!  Thank you, thank you, salamat!

Question from the girlfriend (Stephanie); no, I'm not fluent yet. :) but I'm working hard.  The language is a booger, but it's coming.  We learned a huge bit tonight!  It will be incredibly helpful.  I was extremely glad for all the letters.

Package report: 2 from mum, 2 from g-ma, and one from McAllisters.  Yes?  I didn't leave anyone out?  I hope not.  If I did, please accept my deepest apologies.

Well, anywho, that's all for now.  Just opened the packages and wanted to send my thanks, along with the thanks of my entire district.  We're so grateful.  Thank you all!  I love you!

Elder Christensen

Interesting note:  Tagalog is a lot like calculus.  It's a pain in the pwit (:) figure that out)  and super tough, but it eventually makes sense and I'll be able to use it.  But seriously the learning is reminding me a lot of calc.  Same frustration.  Same success rat/success joy and reusability.  Maybe it's a good class to take in HS afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment