About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, April 16, 2012

Later in the week...Another snail mail.

Kamusta Po Kayo Pamilya!

Hey everyone!  I enjoy writing.  So here I am again!  Woohoo, my district thins I have a ton of girlfriends cuz I get so much mail!  :)  Thank you all, I love it!  Momma, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about TC and Hannah, but I'm a man of my word!

Unfortunately, I don't have the emails with me at this point in time, so I'll have a tough time answering questions.  But I can take care of that during email on Friday.  But I do remember a question about scheduling, from my momma.  It usually goes a little something like this...

At 6:15, we rise and shout. Not becuase the cougars are out.  I'm sure my new Poly friends could easily handle any vagabond animals.  But we shout because the alarm is going off too early!  Must be broken!  Only to find it is not and it is in fact, time to wake up.  Showered and dressed around 7:05.  Breakfast at 7:10.  I have enjoyed the local food.  I've even found decently healthy food and I've mostly stayed clear of the sweets.  I was told to beware the orange juice...AFTER I drank it of course.  My comp and I soon discovered the warning was wise, as we had a visit to the oval office, aka the Johnny on the spot.  But other than that, all has been well there.  Following breakfast, we'll typically end up in the classroom, studying the gospel, the language, or just palnning a new line of attack for our investigator, Julito.  At some point, we'll have lunch.  Then back to class.  Some days, we'll have a teacher to stuff us with Tagalog.  But she's a student, so she's only here sometimes.  We'll have gym at some random point during the day.  Teach Julito morning or afternoon.  But then always back to class for more studying.  I pick up mail before dinner, but I can't pass it out til 9-ish, so I can't read it.  But it's always a lovely sight for sore (literally sore) eyes.  After dinner, we're back in class for more time to impore ourselves as missionaries.  Then I had out mail and we all go back to residence at 9:30.  Prepare for bed, read mail, journal, letters, and mess around with all the elders in the zone.  Prayer, scripture study, more prayer, then sleep.  And repeat in no particular order or necessarily (wtheck?) similar (again?) fashion.

(side note in the margin)  Sorry, all the Tagalog is causing me to forget how to spell properly.  We call it mushy brain syndrome!.

So, that's an approximate schedule.  Hope it's enjoyable!  I love my zone and district.  Times stay super spiritual but we have loads of fun too!  I've got a lot of pictures and even a few videos.  The videos come from when we can't study anymore.  So...you know.  Entertainment :)

Lights out for now, I'll complete this in the morning.  Magandang gabi. 

Ok...next day!  Kamusta!  We went and taught our investigator just barely.  It was way cool.  He's a champ of a man.  My kasama is a little on the sick side, so I'm letting him grab a 30 minute power nap while I write before lunch.  HaveI mentioned I love being a missionary?  Oh, well, I do!  It's the best!

One of my zone leaders, Elder Partsch, from New Zealand, tells me I look like Harvey Dent (aka.Aaron Eckhart).  That is for Matthew.  Every meal time, he says, "Where is Harvey Dent?"  Mabuti, mabuti. Hilig.

Anyway, don't know if I mentioned I have an elder from Las Vegas that likes the gym?  So, he and my comp and I lift together every other day, and we run and do push ups, situps on the other days.  I love it!  I might go out of here in a shape that's not completely round!

I love the MTC.  The learning is fantastic.  Loads of gospel and teaching study.  Lots and lots and lots of language study.  All the study helps you realize that you know nothing!  Seriously.  Talaga.  Nothing.

At he same time, the elders and sisters in my zone and district are beyond awesome!  We ave a lot of fun too!  I'm excited for you all to get my pics and videos!  They are grand!

I'm still trying to even put a dent in all the candy here.  It's a daunting task.  There's a lot ot go through!  I must be super loved!

If I ever pull off Tagalog, you should all love it.  the language is super super cool.  It's fun to listen to.  It's fun to read.  Fun to speak!  Impossible to learn.  Not really, it'll come.  It's super cool!

Tell Scotty my stupid battle wound from his overgrown ape of a TV is not gone yet!  A week later.  I will hold a grudge forever!  ;)

My kasamma is pretty dang good at piano.  He reminds me a little bit of TC.  But not.  But as far as piano, all of em, (TC, Scotty, Elder Hibbert) would get along.  He's really good. And he likes to compose his own stuff.  We usually find a piano right after breakfast before class so he can bust out some tunes.  I enjoy it!

We've thought about getting in the choir.  But I have no idea when they practice.  The schedule is soo full as it is.  And I'm already losing out on some of "my precious" (gollum style) study time for district meetings.  So, I dont know how to achieve such a feat.

This has been a rambling letter and I've probably repeated myself several times.  But did I mention Tagalog directly translated is pretty much Yoda style?  It's so backwards and messed up!  But it's awesome!  Anyway.  That's it for now.  I'll get more to you soon!  Love you all!

Cheers.

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment