About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Saturday, April 7, 2012

First News from the Provo MTC

If there are people that would like to receive these updates, please send me email addresses.  I do not have any cousins on here, (except for Lo).  If you would like to be removed, let me know that too!  It is soooooo wonderful to have this first email!!!!!!!!  YEAH!!!!!  I love my boy!!!!!!!!!  So, here it is…

Hello Pamilya!!!

Wow, life is crazy!!! This is what, day 4 at the MTC? Holy moly toledo and aunt judy! It seems like we've been here for ages!! I blame that all on the fact of the Tagalog they are trying to cram us full of. We've spent enough time in class to have covered a long time, but we've done it all in a short time period. Crazy.

Sorry father, the email won't let me use tab. Pasensya! So, time has flown. I got a letter sent off yesterday, but I have no idea when it will arrive. I used two stamps. BAH!! It shows that I obviously never use the old school postage system. Oh well. It will FOR SURE get to you. I mentioned that Elder Archuleta is all over the place. Poor chap studies Spanish in the building across from me and lives in the residence across from me. So I see him everywhere. The man is quite short. But I'm sure that'll help him fit right in wherever he serves in Chile.

This place is wonderful!! My companion is a boss! Elder Hibbert from Idaho. He is really cool. He's a lot like TC. So we get along quite nicely. Things just work very well. We study well together and can still have a good time. Love the man! My roomies are not in my district but they are very cool too. So I love that. Elder Griggs and Elder Patteson. You'll get pictures of all of them soon. For some reason, I've been called as district leader. So I've got some shoes to fill. But it's pretty fun too! My district is the bomb. Elder Alred is in it mum. He is a total stud. We have a very good time. He's companions with Elder Mclaughlin (unsure on the spelling?). They have a threesome because one of the other elders never showed. So they have Elder Kehler with them. He's super super cool too. Of course, pics have been taken. We have to sister companionships. Sister Mangolongo from Australia (LOVE her accent!!!) and sister Va'enuku from Tonga. They are so fun! And then Sister Winger from Bluffdale and Sister Garcia from Texas. Our teacher is Sister Wineger. She has been back from the Philippines for about 11 months. She's way cool too.

Yesterday was our third day with Tagalog. We have dropped prayer in English and now use Tagalog. And we taught our first investigator, Julito, yesterday in Tagalog too! He's from the Philippines trying to get into the BYU statistics program. His uncle is from Saratoga Springs and is mormon. Julito is catholic but is interested in the church. He doesn't speak English hardly at all and our Tagalog is so so so so terrible. But the lesson went well and the spirit was there so mabuti. We have another lesson with him again today so we'll see how that goes!!!

I think that is about all of the news that I have. We haven't been here too long. Not too much has happened yet. But we are learning like crazy and doing our very best to try to keep up and remember everything. We busted out some laundry today. Love the gym time. All my things seem to work properly. Thank you all so very much for the packages!!! G-ma and mum!!!! Stephanie, thank you for your letter. You are the best sister in the world! Don't worry, I'll take it to the next level! Dad, thanks for your edition and your emails. I haven't had a chance to read them yet, but I printed them and I'm sure they'll be good. Thank pops for his email too! My boys had better be behaving!! You are the very best! Love the letters, love the treasures inside. I am trying to get my comps to eat as much of the food as possible being as I'm still attempting to be healthy. I'm winning so far. My comp loves to exercise with me so we do some excellent work every day and we've been careful about what we eat. But everyone loves you all for the food! And I love you all for the whole thing! Being DL, I pick up mail every day. It was very nice to see that I had two packages waiting for me!!! So thank you very much!!

I think anything I missed should be in the letter I sent home. My p-day from now on should be fridays so, expect emails then. Usually. I'm sorry this isn't the longest email in the world, but time is short and I must go!! Thank you all for everything! I love you all!

Kita Kitz!!

Elder Christensen
 
Hey Fam, 2 mins left so I thought i'd let you know I got mom and matt's emails!!! I printed everything off but it cuts a ton off the right side of the page. ANNOYING!!!! But anywho. Thank you much. Momma, since i just read yours, i didn't know about the schedule thing, but i'll be sure to put that in a letter or next weeks email!!!

LOVE you all!! This is elder christensen, signing out!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the timely update Momma Christensen!
    Also, I've had some friends invest in a mom-kept mission blog, and it's an extensive side-job. So here's me saying thanks in advance to all the hard-work you put into it; I look forward to following Dallin on his mission.

    -Tony

    ReplyDelete