About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, April 16, 2012

Saturday, April 14, 2012--Email


Hello hello family of mine!!!!



So, it has been soooo lovely to hear from you all!!!! My time here in the MTC is super mabuti. Class is really long, but it has been very good. We have two teachers now, so the learning curve should increase dramatically. Tagalog is hard. But considering we've been here a week and a half, we're not bad!!!

Not a whole ton happened this week that is any different from last week. The learning is the same. The teaching is the same. Just the topics are different. Lone peak is all over the MTC. I see new people every day!! They are everywhere! I think my district is growing weary of me saying, "oh hey, that's another guy from LP". But I like it.

We went to the temple today. P-day is a wondeful day. Being in the temple was wonderful!! It was very nice to be back. I'm learning all kinds of things about how NOT to be a district leader. Boy oh boy. But hey, I'm learning, yes?! At the beginning of the week, we had some tough times staying motivated in class clear through the end of the day until 9:30. It started to get a bit rowdy. But, I've got that all figured out so that we can have the spirit with us all the way through. It's when you can really make it clear through to the end of the day that the meaningful inspiration will come and you can find those key scriptures that investigators need. Or it's then when the grammar you've been staring at for 5 hours finally clicks. So it's been good to get that taken care of.

We've had some wonderful wonderful lessons from our teacher. And for Pops, thank you very much for the scripture in your email. It is a most fantastic scripture!! And, I found it two days ago for my investigator!! Ended up having him read the whole chapter cuz it was so smooth.

Nobody has had any issues about me writing whenever I have free time for it. I got talking around with district people and such and no one was sure. But, it has come to my memory that they may have told us only to write on p-day, and not only when we had free time. So you may see a decrease in communication. I'll check to make sure. Anywho.

Someone had a question about kita kitz. It is standing for goodbye, but dobby is not knowing how!!!!! Yes, goodbye. Tis my favorite!!

Being as I've written you all so many times, I forget what I have and haven't mentioned. We had our first service assignment this week. The man heading it up asked if any of us had heard of imagine dragons. AHHH!!!! I was so pleased!! We got talking about the most recent album. I told him I'd listened to it every day for 2 weeks leading up to my mission. No one else has heard of them. It was nice to find that connection.

Speaking of connections, there are a bunch of people that know psych. Salvation of my sanity!!! It keeps the head above the Tagalog water after we've been treading all day. It's nice. Elder Hibbert also loves to quote movies. Man is a champ. Even knows Private Eyes and Ghost and Mr. Chicken. A true kindred spirit.

Well, I think that's all for this week!!!! Thanks for all the love coming my way!!!! It is the greatest!!! I love you all and I'll write you soon!!!!



Elder Christensen




No comments:

Post a Comment