About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Real Letters via USPS

April 4th

Dearest Family of Mine,

Well family, one day down.  Woohoo!  I'm so glad to have that over with.  Goodbyes suck.  But as soon as those were finished, things turned awesome!  The MTC is an absolutely happy place.  We arrived with all sorts of noobs today.  Over 70 Tagalog speakers alone.  I ran straight into Marlo Anderson.  That was a happy sight right off the bat.  And then one of Scott's companion's mom.  Sister Barton?  Very excellent.  A few quick beginning things and then straight to the classroom.  Hardcore Tagalog right off the gun.  I was the frist person there, so I got the most reviews of it!  That was helpful  Tagalog is so dope!  I actually loved being in class.  Crazy  huh?  So mom, Elder Brock Alred?  Yep, ran straight into him.  He's in my district.  So we'll be great friends.  he's awesome.  Casey McLaughlin is also in my district.  Same classroom.  We'll see a lot of each other.  My other high school bro is not with us, but we've seen a lot of him.  My companion is Elder Hibbart.  He's from Idaho and he's really cool.  We get along well.  It was an excellent choice.  We have two other Philippine noobs in our room, but they aren't our same mission.  Did I mention me and my comp are headed to the same mission?  Anywho, not all the Philippines got cut short.  our roomies are still 9 weeks.  Poor fools!  There are so many missionaries everywhere here! So many countries, so many sweet accents.  Got a lot of Australians around.  I love it!  I'm not sure just as of yet when p-day is.  Everything has been pretty wild.  I'm guessing it'll tame me a little bit to figure it out.  But the spirit here is outstanding!  I love it, I love the Elders, I love the gospel!  This is where I'm supposed to be and I'm going to bust hard to be an awesome missionary.  Write you all soon!  Love you!

Elder Christensen

Sorry about the no paragraphs, but for lack of space, I figured you could let it slide this once.  :)

P.S.  Mom, thanks for your lettter.  Loved it!  Love you!

P.P.S.  I didn't get this off as soon as planned.  But I love the elders in my district.  Elder Alred is the bomb.  My comp is dope.  I love it here. Language is a beast, but I love learning.  Spirit is amazing.  Prayer tonight in Tagalog.  Teaching investigator tomorrow in Tagalog.  Ah!  And guess what...District Leader.  Love you all.  Elder Christensen

PPPS  Totally just held the door oopen for David Archuleta!  So cool!  Didn't have my camera on me though possibly good, he probably gets way too much of that.

April 6th

Dear Family of Mine,

I fainlly got over myself and decided to get a new piece of paper.  So, tis day three in here. It's asesome!  They are absolutely cramming Tagalog down our throats, in our ears and up our noses.  It is insane!  I feel ridiculously stupid, but it's quite awesome at the same time.

We already taught our first investigator today in Tagalog.  that was crazy.  It was a cool exper5ience, but super tough. 

I think I already mentioned the DL business.  It is crazy. I know nothing.  But I love my district.  They are awesome!  But our Tagalog teacher didn't show up so I got to take over? ok.  I don;t know anymore than everyone else.  But we just reviewed, so it worked.

Well, I'm off to grab mail for my district, so I'll get this sent.  Gotta run!  Kita Kitz!

Mahala Kita!

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment