About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, July 30, 2012

"It's him!"


If you thought, "The Best Two Years" before you opened this email, you get a gold sticker. If not, eh...work on your quoting skills. But no worries, I'll love you anyway. 

So, all of my people! It's been a great week!! We've been working really hard! It's been raining really hard! And eating lots of food....well, that's not hard. Haha! Moving on!

Highlight of the week. Saturday...drumroll please....what was it?





Please scroll down....










It was.....poison! No not really, keep scrolling.....









Ok, that's probably bugging you! I'm just trying to build the suspense. Are you still giving me a hearty drumroll? Ok, we finally had a baptism!!! Wooohoo!! My very first!!! It was wonderful!! Everything ran smoothly. Lenjel Lazo. He's 19 and awesome. And his girlfriend came to the baptism and is allowing the San Mateo (our neighboring area) elders to come teach her. Hopefully Lenjel's example will help her be able to accept the gospel!! But it was wonderful!! It was sweet to finally have someone that I got to watch come all the way from when we found him, to bearing his testimony after becoming a member. It was sweet! Hopefully, in not too long, he'll be serving a mission!! It was the best feeling ever!!!

Ok, other news. Two weeks ago, I got two letters from the Mcallisters. Thank you Momma Mac! Hopefully, more mail tomorrow. Note on that, I haven't written a single letter yet!! I'm sorry! I'm terrible!! But we don't have the time yet, and I haven't found stamps, or stinking envelopes either for that matter. But I'm working on it. So sorry, but that whole deal is kind of under construction. 

I had to do an online language assessment this week from the MTC. Yuck. I've improved since I left the place, but...barely. It'll at least give my teachers a good laugh. 

Somehow, we're pretty much out of time again. Sorry, lots of emails to go through since I missed last week. Just know the church is true. No one is going to change their lives completely because of a few 19 year olds with a weird religion. Don't get me wrong, Elder Quinney and I are, you know, pretty great. But no one is going to make the changes we are asking to make because we ask them to. The changes come when they feel the influence of the Holy Ghost. That is where the conversion can start. That's what catches their interest and makes things happen. Unfortunately, Satan has hold on a lot of people. Main thing; Word of Wisdom. Man, that is a tough one to fight. Once people get caught up in that one, they have a hard time having the faith that Heavenly Father can help them overcome it. They have a hard time giving it up. But, it can be done!! It's sad to watch some people fall away because they can't overcome that one problem. But it's so amazing to watch those that can come through it!! Amazing!! I love this gospel!!

Anywho, I gotta bounce. Seriously. But thanks for the emails, the letters and the prayers. I love you all!! Sorry for the lack of pics, but I'll get you some next week!! Have a good one!!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment