About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"I'll Have None of That!"


Hi everyone!!!

It's me!! So, the subject line; dad this one was for you. We watched that one this week, so, I figured I'd have to use it! 

Well, it was an excellent week!! I'm in a rush (ha, when am I ever not??) so I'll get right to da quick business!! 

Thank you one and all for the emails. Ah, I love p-day. Hearing from everybody is fantastic!!! Thank you for your time!!

Ok, so it is still definitely rainy season. We've been getting LOADS of rain!! Every day we get a lot. But several days have been particularly wet. We get a lot of flooding. But we have work to do, so we walk in it!! Ha, an umbrella doesn't do you much good in the rain we get here. It keeps my head dry. But....I'll be honest. It's humid so the heat gets me anyway. I'm so sweaty that really, I'm completely wet! No way around it! But the flooding has been fun! It's only been in the streets so no worries on the apartment. But I've wished we had time to make little sail boats. It's been fun!

Last week, we were eating out at a place the we go with the missionaries. They tried to kill me with a finger nail sized rock in my rice! No worries, I still have all my teeth.

After a few weeks with no stove, we once more have been blessed with a stove. Ah, it's something to be grateful for. I like being able to make food. 

Ha, we were at the stake center doing a baptismal interview. I was reading a letter from a missionary in the Bacolod mission back to her home ward. And then there was this picture. AHHH!! GADZOOKS, that's Sister Tamang!!! I don't think they were comps but it was someone that knows Sis. Tamang. It was way cool to see her picture!! Just an interesting thing from the week!!

This week, we had Elder Quinney's birthday. We decided to buy a cake. Haha, and then, our may ari got him a cake. And then, the Single Adults got him a cake. Needless to say, we've had a lot of cake!! But it's been awesome!! We had some fun celebrating! 

Today was temple day. Oh how I've been starving to get to the temple. It was sooo great! I love the temple! Be grateful to have a temple so close that you can go to whenever you want! We got up at 3 to make it to the session at 6. And it was wonderful!! Then, Elder Quinney was in need of some new shoes and a new umbrella cuz his died last night. Ha, it was way funny! But it completely died. So we stopped by a mall. It was weird. Almost like being back in the US. It was crazy! It was a huge mall. Kind of fun. Ran into a white guy. That never happens. He is from Arizona. Lives here now. Did construction work on the temples. Catholic guy. We had fun talking with him. But it was a fun trip!!

Our teaching has been awesome this week. Elder Quinney has been having me stretch myself and go out of my comfort zone. I've been doing more in lessons and the Lord has blessed me. I've made progress with the language which has been very encouraging. I'm still terrible, but progress is a blessing. We've been having a lot of success. People progressing. We have several getting ready for baptism in the next few weeks. One wedding coming up. A lot of less actives are becoming very strong and active. Maybe those will be stories for later cuz I'm out of time. But it's been amazing!! The Lord is definitely blessing us for our efforts here in Ampid. Cool story about blessing a house and a family this week but I don't have the time to share it. Maybe remind me some time. Or I'll save it for when I get home. 

One quick question cuz it's been bugging us for weeks!! What is the bad captain's name in Pocahontas?? Please hook me up!!

Anyway, gotta run. Love you all, take care, be good and have a wonderful week!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen

Oh, I forgot. Pics. Um, lets see. One is with an investigator in his house. Cinderblocks. But a tv? Don't ask. It's normal. Several of us at temple tour. ha, found a guy with a BYU hat for dad. That's a first!! Sunset, Elder Quinneys birthday and my district!!

Peace n love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment