About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, July 2, 2012

Harry! Ron!!


Really, don't ask. I don't know why the subject is what it is. But it is what it is!! The effects of severe humidity I think. My brain must be starting to get wet and it's probably starting to rust. 

Anyway, the reason for the subject is because; da da da daaa! My boys showed up to the Philippines!! Woohoo! Elder Quinney and I had to go to transfer meeting last week. I was pretty stoked cuz Elder Hibbert, aka D. Hibbs or the Doc, was going to be there. The provo batch usually flies in during the afternoon, after the transfer meeting. But my comp would be there! So I was excited to see him. But when I got there, lo and behold, my whole crew was there!! It wasn't until they were all trying to leave that I remembered we should take a picture. So we aren't all in it, but I got most of them. That was awesome!! So good to be reunited with my boys!!! One of them, whose name I will now butcher, Elder Mcoullouch, ended up in my zone. In the pic, he's the man far left. So I'll get to see him every week. Fun fun fun! It made for a very good day. And needless to say, I'm really glad I'm not in any of their shoes, cuz the initial adjustment was hard!! Thank goodness for six weeks down!! 

Side note, I also attached some other pics. But I forgot what they were. Hm, oops! One should have been me and my first balut. One should have been Elder Batan's balut, which was ready to run right off his plate. One should be a FHE we had. Elder Quinney and me. A less active family. And the woman next to me in brown is one of the members, Sister Marzan. She's super awesome and way good to us. And she has some upcoming missionary boys that like to work with us. They are an awesome family! One pic or two should be a cool well we found. And then I have a picture of my zone. If there is anything else or I forgot something, please accept my apologies, but I'm running out of time and we haven't even started yet!! Let's move!!

This week was the best week I've ever had as far as mail goes!!! Dear Elders galore!! Sorry, but I gotta be quick. But a huge thank you to the McAllisters, Seals, my aunt Dawnette, my cousin Lo, and my brother Scottie!! Woohoo!! It was a huge batch!! Thank you thank you thank you! One and all!! You made my week!!! 

Quick note to the crowds of people concerned with my bathroom habits. No hand necessary. Especially now, in the new apartment. One word, sprayer!!!! Miracle!! Moving on!!

Before I run out of time or forget, p-day next week is on wednesday. Temple day!! Yes!!! I miss the temple!!!

The work is going very well out here. We've got a few people working towards baptism and a couple looking towards marriage!! It's been exciting!! But at the same time, we have so many people that just won't do anything! They love to listen to our message but they won't act on it. They have no desire to change. Most of them even believe what we say. They just are happy to know the message and won't understand the importance of change. It's very sad. I was having personal study and came across these verses in Mosiah Ch. 8 verse 20-21. Yes, look those up really quick because I don't have time to type them out. But it talks about the people being a flock, running and being scattered before the shepherd and being devoured by the beasts of the forest. The people have so many problems that they bring to us. We have the answer right here. We can help them!!! But no one will accept our help. And they run and get caught up in sin and get devoured, so to speak. It's so sad. But we do our very best. 

The kids flock to us as we go down the street. I lifted a boy, probably two weeks ago. But the word has spread. Whenever we walk down the street, we get swarmed!! 15 kids or so at a time and they all want to get lifted, 2 on each hand, up above my head!! They are crazy!! But they love it! We'll get some pics for you! 

Anywho, things are going good. We're working hard. The Lord is blessing us. Everywhere!! But I'm wayyyyy out of time! So I'm bouncing!! Have a wonderful week and I'll send word on wednesday!!

Much love,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment