About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, July 16, 2012

I Found Narnia in my Bathroom Cabinet. What'd You Do This Week?


Answer me this; how many times at 6 in the morning do you get a sudden desire to ride a cow through some rice fields? The honest person among you will most likely answer never. Because in all honesty, that never happens! But it happened to me today. So the moral of the story is, anything can happen, especially when you follow a man with a bucket full of snails past the place where the sidewalk ends. And no, I have not been drinking. Anything!! But, my neck is sunburned. Maybe that explains this....

Well my people and my homies. All of my homies at home. It's been a good week. Actually it's only been a couple of days. But they have been good days!! As usual in my missionary life, I am in a hurry. So, I'll get down to business!!

Last P-day, we had an FHE. It was a lot of fun!! We were with a member family, and our people that we are getting married. The Bro is not a member, but the Sis is. So we are going to get them married and then get him baptized. So we had them there. And about a billion kids. At all FHE's, we play games. The losers are punished with some sort of talent sharing. Now, whether it be my red hair or the fact that everyone likes to watch me do embarrassing things, I'm not sure. But I always end up being punished too, even if I don't lose. So I was punished. I sang a crazy rendition of Just the Way You Are, by Bruno Mars for everyone. I had two back up dancers at the first. But part way through, I got joined with a lot more cuz it was so fun!! I included a picture for you all. Needless to say, it was an awesome FHE. Unfortunately, they didn't come to church this week so the baptism for the Bro will be moved back. But they will still get married in two weeks!! Woohoo!!

I had my first Filipino Mcdonalds this week. Unfortunately, it wasn't that exciting. Kind of like the US, but smaller. And there are things served with rice. But, nothing else to report there.

 We have had a good last couple of days. We've been teaching a lot and seeing progress. But, we only had one investigator come to church this week! We have 7 with baptismal dates so that was a bummer. All of them will be getting moved back. Our one investigator that came had a baptismal interview and has some things that need to be worked out with our mission president. So he will also be getting moved back at least a week. That is disappointing, but at the same time, he is honest and willing to work them out, which is better than not! So it's exciting! Just no baptisms yet. Sigh. But the work is going well! We've been having a lot of success particularly with our  less actives. We had 13 of them come to church this week! They are doing so well! We have been getting temple recommends renewed and getting callings issued. It's just been sweet to see people to allow the blessings of the gospel back into their lives. And they are awesome! You can see a difference in their countenance. I love it!! Missionary work is so cool!

 Today is P-day, of course. We got up stinking early because the Sisters had a cool idea.  It ended up being really sweet. Most of the zone came.  We went to an old church/temple that the Japanese hid in during the war over here. It was really cool!! And the place had some boss musical tone qualities which caused a few of us Elders to randomly break into song. Someone recorded it. I'll try to get a copy and maybe get it back to you. It was really cool! That was a lot of fun. Traveling there took us through the rice fields. And we encountered some of the most vicious ants I've ever met in my life! Man, it was like the hundreds of ants' souls  that I've killed out here were calling for revenge. Those ants got at us with vigor! It was nuts! But then we headed up to Wawa, to see a sweet waterfall. The pictures can't really do it justice, but we tried. It was super cool. We also found a sweet hanging bridge where we were tempted to reenact the Shrek and Donkey scene. But being missionaries, we decided not to. But it was tons of fun!! 

Ah. I also included a pic of the sunset from right by our apartment. The sunsets here are really nice. Ha, as long as your eyes stay about 45 feet above ground level. But it's beautiful!! 

It was an excellent week here. The work is going well. I love the spirit that we are able to have as missionaries. I love that we can share the gospel to help people change their lives. I have to many insights while I study the scriptures that I've never had before! I'd love to share them all with you, but I don't have time. But, man, read the scriptures!! Anything you ever need to know about the Plan of Salvation is there. The scriptures can answer the question for any trial you have. People here never seem to see the answer. Things are too complicated. I love being able to simplify things, with the help of the Holy Ghost and the scriptures. The Lord provided us with all that we need to have peace in this life. We just have to take advantage of those gifts. The scriptures are one of them. Read them every single day. Prayer is another gift. The Lord will give us answers to any question we have. Always pray. Live worthily of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. It is such a blessing for us!! And of course, use the Atonement. That is probably the greatest gift we have been given. Of course, I don't understand it completely. But the more I understand it, the more grateful I am for it. It is so key to the Plan of Salvation. Study up on both in the scriptures!! Ha, everything we need to be happy is given to us and we learn about them and how to use them in primary. We just complicate things too much sometimes. Use the gifts we've been given!! Anyway. I love the work!! I love helping people! Share the gospel. We are so blessed to have it. Share it, share it, share it! Don't be shy. Getting out of your comfort zone to help with someone else's salvation, to share our blessings with them is a small sacrifice to make. 

Anyway. Gotta be done for this week. I love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment