About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Saturday, May 19, 2012

P.S.


Well, the baby's not here just yet. We aren't really leaving. Crazy thing is, I've already pretty much covered everything. I guess I didn't really talk a ton about this  last week on the phone with you guys. But I don't have my notebook here. Just my scriptures cuz I didn't know this would be happening. So I don't really know what I need to discuss. I guess I know of something that needs to be here that I talked about last night!! Thanks for the packages!! Mom and G-ma. It was the best!!! Soooo delicious!!! My district loved the chocolate covered strawberries. LOOOVED them!! And I did too. It was the greatest! Thank you!!! And I think I had two or three from the G-ma. Incredible! So thanks!! Pops, congrats on coming to know the word dope. I probably mentioned it, but it's a great accomplishment and it makes me pleased.
I suppose while we're here, back to the people. Soo poor! And this is in Quezon City. Very very poor. It's crazy!! Seriously. It's mad! I've seen poor people, and I've been expecting poor people, but it's just different to be here. And I'm sure there are far worse areas in the Philippines. I probably haven't even seen anything yet! It's a humbling sight. We have so much. We're so blessed!! I take a lot for granted. Ha, and I've only been here a little bit!! I don't know anything yet!! I imagine the next few weeks will be...enlightening. Humbling. Incredible. Difficult. Yep, definitely those things.
I'm excited!!! I hope this email doesn't sound down. I'm sleepy and rushed and just very new, but I'm still incredibly excited and very happy to be here! So....don't be fooled. Anyway. I think it is about that time for real now. Elder's gotta get their hair cut! So, back into the madness for me!!! I love you all!!!
Take care!!

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment