About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Snail Mail and PICS! :)





My very most dearest mother,

This letter is just for you!  Tis Mother's Day coming up!  Happy, Happy, Masaya, Mother's Day!  HAPPY DAY MOMMA!  (Written very artistically across almost half the page :) )  Wow, that took up a lot of space.  Pasensya.  I love you mom.  You are for sure the best mom in the world.  I miss your cooking.  Whew.  the MTC food has nothing on you.  Besides not being nearly as yummy as yours, let's just say it does some funky things to the digestive system!

Missions surely bring up many reasons to appreciate a momma.  Must be why most RM's are such good friends with their moms.  I just thought it was because they were righteous.  But you come to realize how much moms do for you!

Thank you so much for being such a wonderful mom.  It's good to be able to have a mom as a best friend.  And even as I've been away, you've taken great care of me.  So many packages, letters and emails!  Thank you so much!  That is always my favorite time of day!

I've always considered the missionaries to be the strippling warriors.  Taught be their mothers.  Well, that's me now.  Out here, doing work, taught be my momma (with a little help from dad, but it's mother's day, so we're not going to talk about him now, are we?).

I love you momma.  I appreciate the things you do for us.  Sorry things may be a little tough while I'm out, but I'm here for a a most excellent cause.  It's so worth it.  And I'm having a blast out here!  I love the Elders I'm with!  More every single day.

So I took a break to to to gym and such.  Got some news.  So, flight plans are in.  I leave on the 13th!  Unless I'm mistaken, that's Sunday and mother's day.  Flight leaves Salt Lake at ____.  Be in Los Angeles from then until about 10:35.  So, I could probably do a call then? Straight from there to Manila.  I think my little flight group is the only one that doesn't stop in Taiwan first.  It's weird, but I think it'll be nice.  Anywho, main points:  I'm leaving!  And I should have a call that day sometime between 6ish and 10 pm.  Mabuti?

Anyway.  That is mainly it.  Sorry to take up Mother's day letter space with news, but it is mother's day related and should be good news.

But I love you momma!  Thank you for being the best mother in the world!

I love you the very most, plus one.  And, by the way, I've still got my invisibility x-ray specs on me.  :) See you!

Much love,

Elder Christensen

Tis a little early, but better early than late!

Then he drew a stick figure picture of himself being fat!  Hahahahahaha.

Oh P.S.  Remember (name removed to protect the guilty) wrestler from _______ that stalled me out and won by 1 point every time?  Elder Kohler from Wasatch is a state champ and he kicked _______'s pwit!  Woohoo!  I love him! :)  Probably not good from your missionary son, but I couldn't help it.  Been bonding with a few wrestlers from the zone.  Sorry.  Love you!!! :)

Ok, now for the fam.

Sorry no real news, pero, I have pics!  So, the first is on the day of our old ZL's departure.  Elder Partsch, front and center in a suit.  To the left of Partsch, kneeling is a little blond elder with glasses throwing up a peace sign.  Elder Calloway.  Love love love!  I've been freshly shaved on the head.  Lovely.  Love all these guys!

The second pic is most of my zone now.  The man to my right is Elder Kohler, my wrestling friend from Wasatch.  Far right, middle row in a suit is Elder Mackie.  He's new.  I love him too!  Anywho, gotta get this letter shipped off.

Love you!

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment