About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"I don't keep unbuttoning my top button..."


Yaba-daba-daba-doo!!!!

(In case you are concered, that is a noise coming from scott. So don't ask me, ask him.)

 Hello my people!!! It's been a most excellent week for me!! Very good indeed!! Know I just have to try to remember all the many things that happened that I may have forgotten to write down. Whoops!! :)

So, as always, first and foremost, thank you for the fantastic amount of love and support!! Letters galore, and a package from my momma and from the G-ma. Loved the amazing talks from dad. Those were fantastic. And mom and G-ma, you've definitely got many strippling warriors willing to do anything for you. They have enjoyed your packages immensely and would all like to be adobted. Thank you very much!!! I love the mail. It's my favorite part of the day!! That's probably sinful since I should be enjoying the work more, but I figure while the mail lasts, I'll be enjoying it!! So thank you!!

Next so I don't forget. Question: where does George work over here? I'd like to make a field trip to see him sometime but there are a lot of buildings and I have no idea where to find him. So, get the word for me!!

Also, most of Lone Peak just came into the MTC this last week. Steve Maddox, Chandler Birks, Trek Robison, Garrett Pliler, Bryce Boyer (possible two weeks, my bad), and....dah, a lot that I forget!! I can even picture a guy but for some strange reason, his name has run away. Sad story!! But it's been really cool to see so many familiar faces. And answering a question from someone, yes I know Josh Skousen. Good for him!!! And on another note for Zach Newman, I met two missionaries headed to his mission this week. The one happens to be a friend of my comp. They should still be here when Zach comes, I think. An Elder Crossman, in case you wanted to know.

Since becoming ZL, I have really gotten a lot closer with the missionaries in the zone that aren't in my district. I've liked most of the people, but man did we get tight this week!!! I love my zone!! As a side note, there is an elder, Elder Callaway, that is super super boss. He's shortish and skinnyish but the boy is ripped!! Of course, he's a wrestler. But he's a really funny guy and he reminded me of someone but I couldn't put a finger on it. And then it came!! David Belnap!! Haha! Sameish height very similar! They have the same laugh and humor and they talk the same. It made me laugh! Love the man! Speaking of, when you hear where he is going, please let me know!! I'm excited for him!

It's a small world in the MTC. There are a lot of random connections all over the place. I don't know if y'all remember, but while you were in Italy, I went up to Idaho on a date with Michael Cormier? Fun time, but the people from Bora High School don't know how to dance. Turns out, I have an Elder in my zone from Bora High School that just graduated. He knows the girls we were with! That was a fun connection. He is sooooo cool! Elder Mcmurdie. I love the guy. Also speaking of it being a small world, I ran into Kim Connors mom. That was cool!!! Small world, eh?

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for!!!!! So, the day after P-day last week, I got a ton of new missionaries. 16 instead of 17 cuz we had a sister that didn't come. But a ton!! We sent out about 7 missionaries and got 16. Whew!! Crazy!! So Elder Grigg and I (he's the other zl) had to prepare an orientation meeting for the new districts. I was nervous!!! And if I'm honest, that first day, it looked like we might have some cranky, pasaway missionaries! But we had hoped it was just on account of it being late on day one in the MTC. It's a crazy day. Luckily, that was the case!!! The new missionaries are sooooo great! Love them all! Amazing how the Spirit works. As we gave the orientation meeting, Elder Grigg, Sister Tivalu (the coordinating sister), and I all had impressions of who the new DLs would be. We all happened to have the same feelings and it turns out that the Branch Presidency did too! Very cool. One of the DLs is from Heber Utah, Elder Kohler. He went to Wasatch High School. Heavy Weight wrestler. Needless to say, we were friends quickly. The orientation went great! Elder Grigg and I were informed that the Branch Presidency had conflicts sunday with priesthood meeting, so we would need to come up with a lesson. Oh boy. But that ended up going very well too. We've quickly become friends with all the new Elders and Sisters. I love them all!! Man, it's good to be a missionary!!!

Funny story for the week. Elder Hibbert and I were blessing the sacrament. We looked before hand to make sure there was a little card with the prayers on it. There was one under the table, so we were good. When we actually got down to give the prayer, the card was legit. Problem was, it was in Russian. We may have the gift of tongues, but, heheh, not the russian version. We scrambled for a second before one of the members of the branch presidency threw us one in english. Hallelujah. I gave the second prayer. Started out on the bread, but thankfully Dr. Hibbert was paying attention so he motioned for me to flip it after the fist sentence. Got to make the transition smoothly. Thank goodness for my comp!!! And, because of the priesthood lesson, orientation, and new ZL meetings, I hadn't had time to write a talk. So I was very grateful when I didn't get called to speak. But Dr. Hibbert did. Close call. One of wives from the branch presidency spoke. She reminds me a ton of G-ma!! To you, G-ma and Pops, your missionaries will love you!! I'm excited for you guys to get out here!! I may not see you, but the missionaries you serve will have the best branch presidency ever!!

The week was good on the learning side of things. Our investigator lessons in Tagalog have improved. We can understand a lot better. I have a hard time speaking still. But I understand a lot more. So that was good. The class time has been excellent too. And my study time has been great!! I've been having a lot of great insights during study. Just another bonus to being a missionary. It's the best!!!

Cool story. Dr. Hibbert was still sick at the beginning of the week. We got permission to go to the outside world for a little to go to the BYU clinic. That was fun!! But during one of our MTC clinic visits, I was sitting in the reception area waiting for Elder Hibbert. There was one other Elder in there waiting for his comp. I felt like I should talk to him, but I didn't really want to. It was a few minutes before I realized it wasn't just me thinking, but it was like that feeling you get in fast and testimony meeting when you're supposed to get up but you don't want to so you try to resist? Yeah, it was that feeling! So I did a cool little happy dance in my head and decided to go talk to him. The Elder was brand new this week from Bountiful. We had a nice little chat. I have no idea why I felt like I should talk to him, but it was really cool all the same. I don't need to know!!

I'm loving all the new opportunities to serve as ZL. There have been a few more blessings this week and a bunch of talks with missionaries. It's been really really great!!

Another cool thing was one of our new Elders hadn't recieved his endowments yet. So today, we got to go through the temple with him for the first time. He is an awesome elder from Guam, Elder John. He is soo cool! I asked him in the BEST room how he felt. He just said it was the best feeling in the world. He was all smiles the whole time! Yes, it was my best week for staying awake so far. AWESOME!!

I feel like there is a ton that I am leaving out and skipping, but I am just feeling mushy in the brain right now. Nothing else wants to come to memory. So for now, I will close mine epistle. I'm absolutely loving my time here (in case you couldn't tell)!!! Crazy how close it is to being over. We have this week and next week and then, I'm headed out!!! Whew!! Word from my compadres that have already left is that I won't understand a thing! So study hard, but be prepared to be nalito!!! Anyway, I love you all! Thanks for the letter, packages and prayers!! Particularly the prayers. I need all the help Heaven has for me! Thank you!!

I love you all!! Til next week!!

Elder Christensen

Whoops!! I almost forgot...... HOLY TAE!!!! Congrats to Scottie and Hannah!! From the word and pics, it sounds like I missed a heck of a party!!! I wish you both the best!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment