About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, May 20, 2013

05-19-13 "Remember, it's for the children..."


You've heard of save the children? Well, we save all the memories of the children. You've seen em, it's truly sad, with the bloated bellies and the flies buzzin. How we gonna know about em if there ain't someone there takin' pictures, while the flies are buzzin? 

Hello folks!! It's yet another p-day. Luckily, I seem to have a limitless supply. Thank goodness, cuz I sure do enjoy using them up!! For those of you that don't know, the above bit about kiddies is a movie quote. I love children. I just happened to spend a lot of time playing with them this week and therefore, I figured a good quote about children would be appropriate. 

Well. It was a good week. We finally started finding some good solid people to teach. We had a lot of good lessons this week! It's been a ton of fun! Our super shy investigators are opening up. The one came to church all by herself with no friend to guide her! It was awesome! We taught one about the plan of salvation. Tay, I used your pics you made me. I think she had an apostrophe! I think you mean an epiphany. Lightening, just struck her brain. Not literally, but in the sense that she got it. And the best part is, she got how important the atonement is for us all and how we actually get to decide where we want to go after this life. I didn't even tell her that! She came to the conclusion herself. I know, lightening, right? Awesome! 

We met a new family this week that is super cool. We are going to teach them. It's actually a compound with about 4 or 5 families in it. But they are awesome. We went over and they insisted that we eat with them. Filipinos are so nice! There was a fiesta of some sort going on. They have loads of kids, which makes a quick 'in' to the family for me. Basically, we played. Good times. They have a daughter that told me she had no boyfriend and that she would sure like to have one right away that looked pretty similar to me. Hm. That was about the time we decided to leave. Luckily, I know many a single man in my ward that would be happy to solve that problem for her. That makes a nice member present lesson. Wonderful, eh? The moms of the compound are awesome. They just seem like they'd make good members. Guess we'll teach em up! 

You may be able to tell, this is a week that I didn't make a list of things to talk about. Oops. 

Elder Sojor and I have been sitting in on a fun mini institute deal though. It goes down at a less active's house. There are 3 priesthood young men there. Some of the youth meet and have institute lessons. We've been sitting in. Very good time. Very good indeed. While we were there, I ran into a scripture that I'd like to share. Interesting food for thought. D&C 64:22-25. Now this, I will try not to go into too deeply. Mainly, I want to share the scripture and then you go check it out yourself. But in 22, the Lord says that he requires the hearts of the children of men. I like that very very much. You put that together yourself. 23 talks about tithing and the importance of it and about how the time from now until the second coming is called today. Meaning second coming is tomorrow. Meaning it's pretty soon. 24 talks about how the wicked or all who remain in Babylon will be destroyed. Remaining in Babylon. Oh man! How I want to go off on that. Things I've learned from our wonderful mission president. But, no, I'll leave it to you. And then, in 25, about how we will labor while it is still called today. Also in Alma 34:32, now is the time to prepare to meet God. This life. So, let us not waste away the days of our probation. It's like that test that's coming up. We know it is. Shame to waste away our time now doing things that really aren't important and can't bring eternal happiness and lose our reward while others are preparing and will pass the test and receive the reward. It's my hope that we are all doing all that we can to prepare now. And make whatever changes necessary, however big or small, in order to remove ourselves from Babylon. 

Anyway. Folks, I think that's about it for me for this week. Let's have pics!

First pic, we got a good shot of lunch. That's pretty normal, but upon thought, it might look a little different from what we eat back home. Fish folks! It's delicious! Next up, we got the river of filthy water. Also a pretty common occurrence, but I didn't want it to be one I forgot. And then me with bunches of kids. Funny story, none of them live in this home! They followed me in and sat in for our lesson. Cool beans eh? And the next pic, mobbed again. I'll be honest. And a little boastful. Basically, kids love me in this place. But that's fine by me. I rather enjoy it! Also, our wonderful zone leader house mates. The boys are wonderful. And then a pic of our activities earlier. We spent the morning cleaning the house. And it looks good! So here is a pic of all the trash we cleaned out. Yeah. Be impressed. It's a lot considering the house is not all that big. We washed out the cupboards and everything. Yes momma, I still remember how to clean!! 

I love you all! Hope you are doing well! Have a fantabulous week!!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment