About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, May 20, 2013

04-29-13 Week After Transfers


Hello hello everybody!! Gotta tell you all right now I'm in a rush today. So this will be a quick one. We'll get straight down to business and I'll try to cram in as much as I can.

So I am transferred. Right now I'm in Valenzuela Ward in Valenzuela. My new comp is Elder Sojor. You will see pics later. He is from the farthest south part of Philippines. I would try to say what that is, but I can't spell it. Next week! My comp is cool. He is super super good at English likes to practice. So he doesn't speak Tagalog unless we are in a lesson or talking with ward members. But, I am also practicing. So during the day, I only speak Tagalog until we get home. In the apartment, we just speak english. We are in the same apartment as our zone leaders. It is awesome!! We have a very fun apartment. Elder Flanary, who was my zone leader in my last zone. He transferred here with me. And Elder Asetre, who served in my last ward a few months before me. Also very very good at English. Our chapel is very close and has carpet and padded church pews!! I have not seen that since I left the states! So it's a miracle! We also have aircon!! Wow!! I definitely like that. The ward also thought it would be a good laugh if I gave a talk in church. So I did. It's only the second one I've given since my farewell. So. Yes. I don't practice much. It was nerve wracking.
My comp is pretty new to this area too, so he doesn't know the people or the layout of the land too well. But it's enough to get us around. The work has been pretty tough in this area. So there aren't a ton of people that we go to right now. We'll change that. We will be teaching an English class with the zone leaders and some of the sisters. That will be awesome and hopefully very successful! There are tons and tons of people that want to come! It will be a great way to share the gospel.
We have one lady that we taught. Her name is Jennifer. She is soooo quiet. She is 20. Does not like to say anything. Not even a head nod. She just smiles and gives us shy laughs. My comp tried to tell me she was tough but I didn't understand til we taught. Whew. It was tough. But we are going to get her! We had an awesome lesson, trying to get her as involved as possible. It seemed a daunting task at the start, but by the end, we had improvement! And she came to church yesterday!! A first! So we will see how that goes!
Everyone in this ward is very very nice. Or so far. Lots of people wanting us to come in and eat their food. They want to help the missionaries too. Good people. I'm excited to see what comes here.
We have had a lot of rain. Which is weird, cuz I haven't had much rain in the last 6 months or so. But we have had tons! It dumped on the church yesterday. Luckily, we were inside. But a few nights ago, we got caught out in it with no umbrella. Oh boy. Needless to say, we were very wet. But you'll see pics later!
I also arrived just in time to go to a wedding. One of our investigators married one of our ward members. Score!!
Also, I have not done any tracting in my mission. But here, we do tracting. So far, it's been pretty cool. Not super successful, but that's only been 3 days or so. But I did have a kid tell me I was ugly and I made another kid cry. But it's still been a good time! We also have made many kids laugh and gotten a bunch of return appointments. Good good good! We'll whip this place right into shape!
A few thoughts from scriptures this week. The one came from the talk yesterday. Alma 37:7 I believe, which says that the Lord works through small and simple means to bring about the salvation of souls. Unfortunately I don't have time to get way into this. Check it out yourselves. But I will say that we can be His small and simple means and that as we try to help others, we do it though small and simple means as well. We don't need to throw big events or think up amazing lessons for people. We just serve others in need and give others our love. That is the example of our Savior and as he says, he has shown us all things we must do. We need to follow his example though service and love, even through small and simple means. Which, ps, is in D&C 81:5. That's all we have to do. Anyway! Also, scripture study assignment for you all this week because I have NO time to explain. Read it up and learn see what the Spirit has to teach you. 3 Nephi 9:13-14. Awesome.

Well sayang, I was going to attach some photos, but this computer doesn't want me to do that. So....joke lang about the pics folks! Sorry! I'll get you with them next week!

I hope you all have a very wonderful week! Take care!
Much love,
Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment