About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, May 20, 2013

05-12-13-Mother's Day

Hello everyone!! Yes, the topic is Mother's Day. The rest of the week is basically unimportant. For all those of you who were unable to attend the festivities earlier, sorry!! But yes! I talked to my family this morning. It was awesome! The best! And far better than my last mother's day call. And, hehehe, also, my last mother's day call. Wassup. But it was a good time! I have a beautiful family, full of wonderful people and a sister that is a woman. Awesome sauce. 

Well, hm. What else is there to talk about? Hm. I did have a few days since my last email. Not much happened. But I should have pics this week. 

Guess we'll get to pics real quickly. That's an amusing story. So we had a plugged sink in the bathroom this week. So Elder Flanary and I set about to fix it. Now, momma, I remember sometimes, before my mission, I was not good at using my brain. We thought it was just pre-mission folk. I have come to the conclusion that it is young men in general, regardless of the age. We found that we had a plastic ball in the drain. We couldn't remove the drain. The ball was very tight, so we couldn't get anything in to pull it out. So....we decided to try to burn it out. We poured alcohol down the sink and lit that up. It didn't work. So instead, we sprayed down the thing with some really flammable bug spray. Now, with a very enclosed pipe, there is nowhere else for the flame to shoot. Think about that. But we light up the match and drop it. Of course, nowhere else to go, the flame shoots straight back out at us. Burned off most of my arm hair. Hilarious! But, it wasn't good enough to melt the ball. Fun fact, the burning idea wasn't my idea, although I did have a fun time going along with it. Next, we found a sword and decided to just try to puncture the ball. That actually worked!! So, the fire ended up being worthless, but it was still fun. And we did get the ball out. So success. Several pics there. 

And a pic of our monkey friend. We shook hands with him. It's not every day you shake hands with a monkey. It was like running into my twin on my mission. Go figure. 

Other than that. Missionary work happened. We have been having a tough time getting lessons. Don't be confused and think that means life has been tough. We have been having a good time talking to everyone! It's great! We also helped someone move their house. And we did some laundry for a nanay. It's been a good week. But we are still working to get more lessons. The lessons we did have though were pretty good. We have a lady who is really shy. She has been talking more and more and came to church again yesterday. Success. We also have our other brand new investigator that is progressing well. Life is wonderful!! 

Sorry, I forgot my scripture study notes from the week. Must have been in my excitement to skype my fam. Haha! So next week na lang. 

Sorry this is a short email. Lousy, really. But it has not been long since the last email. And...hehe, I just talked to my fam. Wassup. So, sorry for the rest of you. Hope you are all doing superb. Have a great week! 

Much love, 

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment