About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, May 20, 2013

05-08-13 Brown Out


Hello all of you! Know what a brown out is? Same thing as a black out. Don't know why it's brown here, but go figure. But earlier, while I was emailing, we had a brown out! Thus, my emailing plans were thwarted. But I'm back for round two, but unfortunately, with more things to do, it will be short. But for those of you who will be at my house on monday, not to fret because we will be chatting face to face in just a few days, so relax!

Ok, so quick weekly run through. Basically we don't have many people to teach. So we have been talking to just loads and loads of random people. It's been a very good time! Now it's time to follow up with them and hopefully, we will find a lot of people to teach from that.

We had that wedding my first week? Turns out the bride is an investigator. Brand new. So we just started teaching her. She wants us to teach her 4 times a week! That's a ton! So we should be able to help her progress very quickly. She is awesome.

We have the Regala family. They actually lived in my second ward, but I didn't really know them. Recent converts. Now, inactive. The father is a drug addict. The family had kind of lost hope. But we had a good lesson with them and helped them to realize that if they wanted a miracle for the father, they needed to start with themselves. Once they were doing all the things they needed to do, then they could focus on the dad. Kind of the whole clean the inner vessel deal. It went well and they came to church and told us they will for sure be back for next week. Sweet!

We have a man that does amazing magic in my ward. Amazing. The man blew my mind. Active member. Awesome sauce.

My comp and I took a trip to a magical place called global city. He had a doctors appointment. It was almost like being back in the US. Definitely a very weird feeling.

Also, I found that our apartment smells like the house in Italy. The people next to us are always washing laundry. I think it's maybe the same laundry soap? I dunno. Weird connection.

And we have a mate in our ward that is an awesome ward missionary. Only active member in his family. They all got kicked out of their house randomly on monday, so we went and helped them move. Good opportunity for us to start teaching his family! Crazy place here though. The landlord just showed up and said, "Aight, all y'all best be leaving before it gets dark tonight and we don't want to see you back." Just like that. No more house. Sad. But they have a temporary place for now and hopefully, they'll find something soon.

Had a workshop this week from our Zone Leaders about attitude. That was awesome. I talked about it a while back I think. But basically, we get to choose if we are happy or not. So choose to be happy and have a good attitude!

I noticed something this week as we talked to lots and lots of people. So many people are looking for happiness. Everybody is. Everybody wants to be happy. The only thing is, most people don't know how to do it. Satan gives us lots of ways to find "happiness". People go after those things and don't find it. They get sucked into that whole wells without water bit. Sometimes it's non members. They know not where to find the truth. They can search forever, but they won't find the "something" to fill that hole inside until they accept the gospel. Sometimes, it's the members of the church. They have fallen into traps and snares. They feel like they are caught. Satan tells them they are stuck or that their really is happiness through some other way. And we sometimes buy into that. But again, we won't find true happiness until we find it through the Lord's way, living His commandments, and being healed from our sins through His Atonement. There is no other way, or means or name under heaven, only in and through Jesus Christ. That is when we find true happiness. That is when we fill the hole inside. That is when we become freed from whatever snare we may have fallen into. There is always hope. There is always a way back. We just need to take the Savior's outstretched hands.

 

Today we got to go to the temple. That's the best. The best. Need I say more?

Then I've got a few pics. From this week...I don't remember what I attached. I think I attached the gross moldy bowl. That's what happens in a missionary apartment. Disgusting. If I didn't include it, sorry, next week na lang! I have us at our ward gathering last week. Swimming. A few pics there. Then the pic from when me and my comp got soaked. Oh yeah! I took a pic of us coming back on the bus from global city. Then I snapped a few shots outside of the bus. Just what we see on the daily. Then we've got us at our place at the trash heap. Had to snatch a quick pic there. And if there is anything else that I forgot, sorry. I did my best.

Anyway, sorry it's a short email, but I will see most of you in a few days!! Woohoo!!

Have an awesome week!

Much love,

Elder Christensen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment