About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

2013-12-02 "But honey, it's Thanksgivin'"!

Hey one and all! I hope you are doing super wonderful! That wonderful line I included in the subject shall be read with a heavy southern accent in order to appropriately bring the mood of the holiday into your heart! The Blindside was definitely in my head this week. Good movie. This may come as a bit of a shock, but I'm in a hurry today! So this will be, yet again, a quick email! (Joe Jr's still single) Shocker!! 

But lemme 'splain. No, there's too much. Lemme sum up. Man, I'm on a quote roll today. No thanksgiving pun intended. So today, we went out on the town. Why might you ask? Firstly, because it's p-day, so of course! But really because I had a special mission to accomplish. All foreigners (read Aliens on the paper I put my signature on) must have their fingerprints taken along with their mug shot before leaving the country. Why might you ask? No idea! But it was a little bit of fun to be an inmate for a day. Never something I'd want to repeat, but not bad just this once. So that is what we did. All of the missionaries leaving between now and when I go home. It was a big grand event! And then when it was all over, I had to travel home. And now, it is late and I most be going. But I figured if I skipped writing again, you might call down a famine on me or something to that effect. Wouldn't want that, so here you are!

Anyway. First things first, we had Thanksgiving dinner this week. Me and the Burgos Boys went all out! We bought steak which we marinated in a spicy barbecue sauce. We made 2 kilos of mashed potatoes. We had 2 kilos of yummy vegetables. We had gravy. Crystal lite! (light? eh, whatevs) And then, for dessert, we had a massive mango float! Check that out on google. It's delicious! It made for a wonderful thanksgiving. Pictures will be included. 

The teaching we were able to do this week was good. We are having some investigators progressing towards baptism, which is awesome! Just need some time to make it happen! 

Study this week. Had a lot of great studies! But one in particular. And I don't have time to get way into it. So you'll have to check it out. But I was reading in Mark 8. Jesus heals a man. Now, the restoring of sight and hearing are always interesting to me, but we'll have to get into that some other time. And the mode of healing in this interest is of particular interest, but once again, don't have time to go into it. Which is too bad, cuz that's the fun stuff. But what I will share is that Jesus didn't change the man's circumstances in life. Didn't make him rich, or give him a nice house. Didn't fix all his problems. He just gave him sight. Often times, I think when we have trials come our way, we pray that our Heavenly Father will take the trial from us. But that doesn't do us any good. We don't accomplish what we need to. We don't learn. Rather than taking the problem away, maybe we need to pray for our vision to be corrected, that we may see what the Lord would have us learn. See what he would have us do. I like the faith of the man in this story. His sight is not all perfect at the first. He could have freaked out and lost faith and hope. But he didn't. And then his vision was corrected. Then the blessings came. When we don't see the immediate blessings, or things just the way we want them, we can't freak out or lose our faith. If we continue, the Lord will always bless us and correct or vision and in the end, our faith can be strengthened.  I wish I could get more into it, cuz it was like having an apostrophe. Lightning, struck me brain and what not. But I guess that's for another day. I pray that we can all seek to have our vision corrected in our times of trail. 

Well, that's all for today. Being late and what not, it is high time for me to be going! Have a wonderful week!

Much love, 


Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment