About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Walang Oras


Yeah, so no joke about that. I have absolutely no time. I apologize to allllll of you!!! This was an absolutely crazy week for all of you at home. I send my condolences and love to all of you. Especially my good old dad. But it is as I said last week, I know grandma is better off and happier now. So, as I told my dad, all y'all keep your heads in the game!!! 

Ok, so it goes like this. I'm training. My new comp is Elder Sumagaysay. He's cool. Doesn't speak a lick of English. So that's going to be super super helpful for my Tagalog. Tagalog all day every day. We get along really well though. It should be a super good two transfers!! But, and don't tell my comp I said this, the best news is that Broadhead got moved back into my zone!!! YESSS!!!! We are in the same district again. Life could not get better. So that's how things are going now. 

The work. The work has been going well. Baptism for saturday, a few more in a couple weeks. Awesomeness. 

Good thought. So I was reading Ether. Ether 12 to be exact. Moroni talks about how he is worried about the Gentiles mocking the things he has written. It got me thinking about my mission. I worry about that all the time. People are going to mock my Tagalog. I'm not very good at Tagalog. I'm not a super great teacher. But the Lord has some comforting things to say to Moroni. "Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness; And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I figure it is exactly the same for us. The people may mock the things I say or the way I teach. But the people that are humble enough to accept my message won't care. We all have weaknesses so that we can remain humble. I obviously need help remaining humble. And eventually, if I keep my faith in the Lord and decide to be humble, the Lord can change these things to strengths. So, that was a fun thought for me! Hopefully, in the super speedy way I just put it down, it makes sense and does someone some good. 

That's really all I have time for. I hope you all have a very wonderful week. Sorry this email....lets be honest. It sucks a little bit. My bad. But we're out of time. Next week...ha, can't promise much for the email. It's the CALL that gets my time!! Woohoo! Anyway. Keep it real. Enjoy the last few weeks of this wonderful season. And enjoy the cold. 

Much much love, 

Elder Christensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment