About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12 Play a Grueling Game of Chess or Something...


Hello one and all!! First, I will apologize in advance. The following email will be brief and a bit boring. It will not be rich with detail or full of good stories and it is likely not to be laced with humor. Ok, I take the humor part back. I do usually attempt to add a little humor. But the number of stories this week is a little low and the time I have to write is similar. 

I will start by saying that this has been a fabulous week!! Holy goodness gracious. It has been a week much like all of the other weeks we have had. It has been full with missionary work!! And it has had lots of success! And it has been awesome!! But I admit, I was a little bit bad at keeping a list of stories written out this week, so I will mostly have to go by memory. 

First I suppose I can say that we have had several more people agree to be baptized. We are now looking at about 10 people seriously preparing for baptism. We have had a few cool things happen with LA people. The De Leon family, which I have talked about for a few weeks, is now preparing for the temple! We couldnt be more excited for them! And we had a brother this week that has not been to church for ages and ages!! 5 years? But he came back to church!!! We are soooo stoked!! That is all that comes right to mind. Just mostly good hard work and people letting the gospel change their lives. Masarap talaga. 

As far as other things go. There was a Ms. Gay pageant. In case you are wondering, that is for baklas. And yes, they dress up in skanky swim suits. In how many languages do you know the word for barf? You may now insert or think all of those words. Because that is disgusting. Unfortunately, I did not GET to attend. Sayang!! But no worries! A little girl in my ward watched some of it with her uncle and told me all about it!! Yay!! 

Also. A few of the elders in my apartment have decided to battle the oncoming fatness. We started P90x yesterday!! It is the best thing ever!!! And I got a jump rope from someone awesome once upon a time and have just now begun to put it to good use. Goodbye fatness!!!

Well. That is probably the shortest email I have ever written. But I have to go. And also, it has just been a week of not many stories. But it has still been wonderful. If this is not enough, read through the last two emails and it has pretty much been just like that. Woohoo!! 

Pics. One is me and some other elders sitting on a wall, talking to some kids. Kids are my favorite. I have a picture of me and the elders in my apartment holding a funny funny document. But I dont have time for that story. Some other time. Needless to say, it is great!! I have one of me and elder judar doing...something on the side of the road. I also took a picture of a frog!! Now you all know what they look like after they get hit in the road! Beautiful!! Gotta love how everything that comes out cooks black in the heat! I have a pic of my zone. And a pic of Elder Vea when he tried to beat the mission record of 22 cups of rice in one sitting. Yeah, he made it to 15 cups on his plate but he only finished 13. Sayang. 22 is a lot of rice!! We have a pic of us with my favorite ward missionary man of all time!! He is the coolest man possibly in the Philippines. Definite role model for me. Anyway. I think that is all!!

And! It is Christmas time!! Happy day for all of us!! And do not forget. Today is 12/12/12!!!! It is a huge day to celebrate!! Yeehaw!!

That is all! Thank you all for everything! Have a wonderful week!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen

Oh and also. Transfers are tomorrow. Elder Judar is transferring!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I am sad that we only got one transfer together. But he will be training now. As will I. Gotta feel bad for whoever that poor missionary is, eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment