About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, November 5, 2012

"But what would I wear?"


Hello one and all!! It has of course been a wonderful week. When you're in the mission field, life just tends to go that way. It's been fantastic!!

So. From last week. I got letters. The McAllisters. Thank you very much. Question: I remember people being offended when my bro's didn't give thanks for packages and letters. Is giving an update every week on who writes me necessary or shall I just be killer at responding?? Feedback folks, feedback. Tell my mum and she'll pass me the word. 

Ok. So we had transfers. It's been crazy busy!!! Here's what went down. I got transferred to Novaliches zone. It's actually right next to Fairview. One jeepney ride. I'm only about 20 minutes away from my old proselyting area. My new companion is Elder Judar. He is super cool! He just finished training and fun fact, his comp is now comps with Elder Broadhead in Fairview. Cool eh? Being as my comp just finished training, I'm his follow up trainer. Yikes!! But really, it's kind of like I'm back in training. This man is an excellent missionary!! And being Filipino, he's going to be able to help me big time with my language. Sweet. He and I get along very well. He's short though. But don't hold it against him. He's way funny. But an excellent missionary at the same time. It's good to get missionaries that are able to balance the two. And he does. So I'm excited!! We have two other elders in our apartment. Elder Staples (from Sandy/Draper) and Elder Molnar (from Orem). Elder Molnar is now on his final transfer in training. We have a good time. They are wonderful housemates. The apartment is big and nice. The only downside is that we have terrible water pressure. We have a filter hooked up so you can drink the water. But the pressure is so low, that when you turn the filter on, the water can barely get itself through. It drips out. Literally. And I drink a ton, so that's terrible news for me. Luckily, the elders have mostly solved that issue. We just leave a huge container underneath the faucet to collect water all day. So once we drink it all, we're a little out of luck, but it works. It's a great set up!! Our area is huge!! Seriously huge. I think our area is bigger than my last zone. No joke. We are out of the city. Almost providence. And we have to take long jeep rides to get to a lot of places. Needless to say, we will never run out of people to teach!

So far the work has been good. I've been meeting members and LAs and investigators. They are all wonderful!! It's been a jolly good time so far!! It's been crazy too. There was a 15 year old boy murdered. He was a member as is his uncle who wanted us to come speak at the viewing thing. Most the family and friends weren't members. They were all so sad. When I saw the boy and the sad people, I was sad too. It is sad and hard to lose family. Especially that way. But even worse for them is that they just don't know. They don't have the gospel. Hopefully, this will open an opportunity for them to hear and accept the beautiful message that we have. Families can be together after this life!! Forever! Death is not the end. This life is only such a small part of our existence. I'm so grateful for the gospel and the hope and comfort it brings. On the other end of the spectrum, we also attended a wedding!! The couple had to get married before the wife could get baptized. And now, they just have to wait a year so they can be sealed in the temple!! That was completely wonderful!! 

Ok, really quick while I'm thinking about it. Pics that I am attaching. First, the kids from the computer shop last week, just cuz I told you I'd get a pic! Then a pic with some kids from a family in our ward. It was Araw ng Patay. No longer halloween but lots of kids had costumes. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. Ok lang. Also, we have a pic of the temple tour group. Biggest group I've ever taken. We alone took about 20 people. Cool day. A dark pic of me and my comp. He's short. I ran into a bunch of people from my first area. Fun story. Elder Hibbert, my MTC comp is now assigned in my first ward. He says people are freaking out to know he was my comp. So I ran into a ton of them and some of the nanay's wanted a pic. Siympre. A pic of my comp. Then a pic or two from the wedding. The one Kano with me is Elder Molnar. He's awesome. And then a nice pic of our little christmas corner set up. It's nice. 

Ok. Moving on. Actually, not a lot left. We have spent that last few days teaching. Every minute that we can. It has been so wonderful. I really love the area that I'm in. It's clean and big and open and reminds me more of Utah. But, there aren't many big groups of kids. Siyang. The lessons have been great. So far as I'm getting to know people, it really has been tons of lessons about SMA's. Don't y'all forget those things. Keep doing them. 

Of course, we had temple tour. We took tons of people and that was a really good experience. The ward here is really great. It's kind of nice to be back to only two missionaries in the ward. The ward likes you better if you are their only missionaries. Everyone is willing to help us and feed us and all that. It's been wonderful!! I like it a lot. 

That is it for me this week. I have a mop on my head that I need to cut off and then we are straight to an appointment! And it's a dinner appointment, the very best kind. But don't be fooled. Missionary work is hard. It's really hard!! And we are always dead tired. But it's the most rewarding dead tired you'll ever feel. It's wonderful!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Haha, I almost forgot, next wednesday is my temple p-day I believe. So I probably won't be here Monday. Just thought you ought to know! 

Thanks, I love you all!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment