About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Sunday, October 7, 2012

10/1/12 That Right There Is What We Call A Whole Lot Of Nothing


Hey hey hey my homies and peeps and all the people wearing purple unicorn socks!! I love you all tons!! Thanks for all the supporting and loving and caring and thinking and praying and reading and siguro writing and...everything else that you all do!! That's what missionaries need most! And we love it!! 

 

So. If I'm completely honest. Actually, two things. First. I'm on drugs. I don't know that you can properly use that as an excuse, for after all, it's only ibuprofen. And only two at that. But also, there is a fever. Put them together; craziness. Now factor in the most important factor; rice. And then, as a side note, remember the man, who is currently wrapped in a straight jacket and is therefore speaking this message aloud for another to type! That might factor in. But I wouldn't count on it. I'd blame the rice. Ok, after that long rant. The second thing I'm going to be honest about is the reason for the subject line. This week = not super full of anything super important. But there was stuff. Just, not the most important. If I'm honest again (with all of these times I'm stating that for a moment I'll be honest, it's got to make you wonder how much a lie!!), it was rather like being back in high school with a lot of drama and dramatic things and time wasted as a result. For all of you in high school; don't give in. I know EVERYONE is doing it, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. Drama is a waste of your time, so avoid it like the plague!! And the flu. And chicken pox. And colds. Those'll get ya. And as a side note, before y'all throw accusations of any kind, no, it has nothing to do with my companion. We are super good. I love that man! Other things though...not as much. 

 

But we won't go into details there. It really wasn't such a downer week. I'm actually in quite a good mood! But then again, you may refer to the above paragraph and see that there could be caused by sinister or random things. But really it's not been bad. Just tiring. But good, nonetheless. Before I type another letter!!!! Halt!! Just so I don't keep my streak alive of forgetting to announce such things; I will not be emailing or reading email or thinking about email next Monday. Next week is our temple week and therefore, and THEREFORE, I will be forced to give you a RAISE!!! And then, I will email you all on Wednesday. Ok. Sidenote and killing of the streak is over. Back to business. Ok. Here we go. We had a cool, surprise visit from our area presidency!! It was lovely!! And so good! And spiritual. And I learned a lot of things. Man, I can improve!! But it was good. And enlightening. Elder Neilsen was our man of action. He is sooo cool! I loved what he had for us. It's so cool to have people that are super spiritual give you insights. Usually, it's stuff you never would have considered. This was definitely like that. And on a completely serious note, it was awesome!! 

 

We also had temple tour. It rained, so most people didn't come. Maybe 30 missionaries. Tops. Thank you, that ball parked number was brought to you by our wonderful Elder Broadhead!! No but seriously, he is probably one of my favorite missionaries in the field. No joke. No lie. In fact, there was a little lie there. I was trying not to hurt feelings. But lets be honest. He really is the best. He's way cool. When he comes home someday, you all will love the guy!! But back to the temple tour, it was nuts. I think I have mentioned it before. For some reason here, when it rains, it is a free day all around. You wouldn't believe it!! You'd think they'd be used to it by now!! But it was still a good temple tour. Gotta love having investigators and less actives at the temple. It gives them a real visual to put in their heads as a goal of where they want to get to. That's our plan! 

 

At the same time this week, something else happened. I don't know what time I'm referring to, but I'm sure it was the same time as something. We got word that one of our sisters is transferring. Check this. To....INDIA!!!! Say what? Definitely the biggest transfer I've ever heard of. But she is from there. And word on the street (which if you directly translate into Tagalog; turns out, it doesn't mean the same thing. At all. But just, quite literally, a word on the street. Like STOP. Or SCHOOL ZONE. Or maybe PLEASE DO US ALL A FAVOR AND GO FASTER PLEASE. Go figure.) is that they just opened up the two missions in India to sister missionaries and they need trainers. So our beloved Sis. Bathula is out of here! On the 11th. Crazy times. And she will only be using English. But man, it's pretty cool too!  

 

DUDE!! Random jump to yesterday cuz I just thought about it. For real, no joke, I saw a breath war!! Yes!! Three kids on the pew in front of me just started going at it. I didn't know it was popular, but apparently...it is. When I was a boy, there was no such thing as breath wars. Ah, how the world is changing. Kids today. 

 

Also yesterday, we went early early in the morning to a baptism at the other elder's church. Funny story. They started filling the font yesterday. But there church had some maintenance deal go down and their water got shut off. Only about 4 inches of water in the font. We goofed with it forever. But nothing. So, we moved the baptisms to our church, after our meetings were over. That was wonderful. One of the men being baptized is a man that I taught with Elder Broadhead. He is soooo cool! So super willing and ready for the gospel. That comes from prayer everyone. We pray to have people prepared. Word is, people at home pray for people to be prepared. I just want to say, it really works. It happens. The Lord helps things happen in people's lives to prepare them for the gospel. 

 

Speaking of Elder Broadhead, we had exchanges again. We were back in his area. I love working with that guy. We put out some sweet lessons. And even though neither of us are great at Tagalog, we don't have a hard time communicating. That is the gift of tongues in action. We taught about Jesus Christ and The Atonement to a 9 year old girl. She was following fine and seemed to understand everything just fine. She answered all our questions with no problems. It's wonderful! She had a friend there that called me a bakla. Eegh. Hopefully it can't rub off on you. We also got offered coffee, which we were very tactfully and politely able to decline. It was sweet! We taught an older man that speaks nothing but straight and pretty fast Tagalog. We had a wonderful lesson with him. The blessings of the Lord are just all over the mission. Some times you forget and have to look around. But they are there. They are always there. The Lord blesses His servants as they do all they can. There's a scripture about that. Can't name the exact chapter off the top of my head (but with the way this email has gone and the state of mind I'm currently in, is that any surprise??), but it's about the vineyard and the laborers. Near the end, before the last work time in the vineyard, or actually during. Whatever. The verse says that the laborers labored with diligence and being obedient to the commandments of their Lord in all things. And as such, He was there with them. Something to that effect. It's so true. He is with us as we work if we do all we can to keep His commandments and work as hard as we can. 

 

Today was a good P-day. We had lots of places to be. We ran off to this place called Eco Park. It's pretty cool. Feels like Jurassic Park. I've got some pics of that.  I also included a picture of a cool sign there. It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland? And a pic of a cool sunset I saw a few days ago. Then, we went to Wawa. Tis a dam that I went to back in my first or second transfer. We've been getting some good rain, especially last night and as such, the water was soooo high! It was awesome!! I got some pictures there. And there is a super sketchy bridge that is falling apart. But you have to walk on it. Perfect for Fili's but for fat Americans?? Sketchy. We also went to the mall for about 20 minutes to grab some much needed material. Then email. Which, as a matter of fact, is where I am. RIGHT NOW!! You'd never have guessed! 

 

Anyway, the moral of the story is don't be involved in drama. Look for the hand of the Lord in all you do. He's there. Especially if you keep all of the commandments. And don't walk on sketchy bridges. 

 

I love you all very very much! Keep it real and don't take ibuprofen or eat rice!! 

 

Much love, 

 

Elder Christensen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment