About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, October 22, 2012

10-10-12 Where's the food?

Ok. So. This may have been a less interesting week. Again. It almost makes a man throw on a quick frowny face. But the key word here would be almost. I in fact, did not throw on a frowny face. Cuz that will cause wrinkles. Plus it makes you look ugly. And it could become permanent if you hold it too long. Or at least, that's what they say. 

But this week, the work got held up a little. Of course, the work is constantly being held up by unknown forces!! This week, it came in the form of sickness. Turned out to be pretty much district wide. But we did finally get over it. And some good things did happen. But before I get there, I have a few shout outs to throw down. Hard core. In the paint.

I got some letters this week! I did celebrate. Possibly a happy dance. And there may have been unintelligible screaming. But let us not focus there. The letters came from my Aunt Dawnette and the Mama Mac. Thank you very very much for getting letters to me!!! 

A quick answer to my Aunt. Sinabi niya; I served with a Bret Broadhead and his son Jeff was headed to your mission. Tapos, nagtanong siya; is this the Elder Broadhead you speak of? Yes, yes indeed it is! One and the same!! And, Elder Broadhead is a champ! But we'll get to that later. 

One funny note for my mother and possibly my family and possibly my Aunt Fran. I was looking through my Tagalog dictionary this week. They have phrases for anything you can imagine. But try this one on. Palisan - female water buffalo. Yes. It's true. 

Ok, we will pretty much fast forward through most of the week until Saturday. We had several referrals that turned into investigators. That has been so very nice!! I think we got 9 new investigators this week! Now, that's only 2 or 3 families, but still! 9 new investigators is bombin!! I'm super excited about that!! It's good to have work coming to us finally!! 

Now we will move to Sunday. No conference for us this last week, because we get it this weekend. So I was in sacrament meeting and the bishop announced the age change for missionaries. WHATTTTT????!!!! This is craziness and madness, but in I mean that in only the very best of ways!! I'm super excited about it. It could bring a lot of changes to folks back home. My bro could be serving the same time as me and lots of my homies that are not serving anytime soon can now be serving very soon. I'll be interested to see what happens!! It's an exciting announcement!! 

Now, it was our fast sunday. One of my favorite parts of fast sunday here, is that we often get invited to the mission home for dinner since we are in President and Sister Sperry's ward. This Fast Sunday was no exception. We got invited to the mission home. Ahhh. It was a miracle. I do love eating there. It's always super American. At walang kanin. Hallelujah. This week was homemade mashed potatoes and pork chops. Now, the potatoes had me thinking of a movie quote. I was thinking of using it for the subject line of my email. As I was sitting there, pondering this funny quote, Sister Sperry says, "These mashed potatoes are sooo creamy!" I laughed sooo hard!! And I was alone. No one else knew it. But she and I had a good laugh together. And the fact that I had just been thinking about it made it that much better. It was exceedingly pleasing. 

After dinner, Elder Doria and I walked to our area. As we were passing our supermarket, Elder Doria said, "Elder, they're drifting!!" I didn't know how he could hear the difference from the drifting cars and regular traffic. It all sounds the same to me. But we looked over a little ledge into the parking lot of the supermarket, and sure enough, there was a course set up and cars were drifting through it, trying to get the best time. I got you some pics, but you really need the video to understand. But that'll have to wait for about 18 months cuz I haven't figured out how to send videos. But it was a fun experience. 

Yesterday, Elder Broadhead and I went on exchanges. It was super super awesome as usual. We taught out 3 very spiritual lessons. This man lays down the law. He's fairly new. Newer than me anyway. Not even finished training. But the man is a beast of a missionary. Whenever we teach, even though our Tagalog is not killer, we have awesome lessons with cool experiences!! It was an awesome day! Although I admit, we have funny times a lot too. Last time, we had the cheese grater story. This time, there was a child being a bit of a beast and his mom sarcastically said to us in English that she would just have to sell him or leave him somewhere. The kid knew enough English to totally pick up on what she said and he threw a fit! He was bawling and throwing a tantrum and the whole show. It was weird again. But funny once again. Haha, he did not think the joke was funny. But, I did. 

And then today, we got up super early to go to the temple. It was a good experience. I love the temple. We are lucky to be able to go every transfer. Anyway. So that's how our day has gone. I do like P-days. And temple days. And mission days. It's a good call. So, to all the lovely folk out there thinking that this change in age for missionaries is the best thing ever; it is!! Go on a mission!! It's the best thing in the world!! Even if you have a slightly off week. Or two. Or three. You will still be the happiest person in the world (along with the other 60,000 missionaries) because you are doing the Lord's work and helping people change their lives! And it's incredible! So get those papers in! 

This is all for me folks. Sorry the email is slightly lacking. But I will make up for it with a killer one next week. Sana. I love you all. Have a wonderful week. Talk to you Monday!!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment