About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, August 27, 2012

This is NUTS!!!


Ladies and gentleman, please, put your hands together for The Grinch! At least, I think that's what that quote is. I admit, my quoting skills are slipping. That's not the right word. My skills are gone!! I don't remember movies or music. It's lousy!! But the reason and cause for the above subject line will stay quiet til later. Today was the cause, and of  course, today doesn't come til the end. So. Later. But I've got an FHE to do, so let's get on with it!!

Firstly. Last weeks, "Not feeling well" haha, that turned into two sick days at home!! Man!! Lame!! Lemme tell you, nothing makes a missionary feel more useless than sitting on his can at the apartment. Pathetic really. But on the other hand, I got more read in Jesus The Christ. I'm over halfway. For any of you that haven't read that book, READ IT! It is amazing!!

We had district meeting on Tuesday. My district is sooo fantastic!! Amazing really! And it was a mailrun day! What more could a man ask for? Thanks to the McAllisters, the Stuhlmachers, and a Steph Asay!! I love letters!!!!!

Well, it was a short week of work with me spending so much time being sick. Lame!! Don't get sick! I suppose on the upside, I will have an immune system of iron when I come home!! Anywho, the work is progressing. We found a few extra families this week, we found a new investigator, and we had a referral. But we are still having a hard time getting lessons. It's rough business. But the lessons we do have are awesome!!

We had a sweet service project this week. They set us loose cutting down weeds with machetes (?)! Man, I was living my childhood dreams!! It was the best service project ever!! But alas, being a missionary, a man hardly ever does an honest days work. Thus, I have very very very soft hands. So my hands were soon destroyed. But man, it was soo worth it!! It was an awesome project!! But we were so busy chopping down the rainforest of weeds that we didn't take any pics with my camera! Oops!! Oh well!!

I still love talking to kids here! We have tons of fun!! And, I keep watching kids pick up the spiders to fight them. It's so nuts!! I could never hold spiders in my hands. My comp does it too. It's crazy. But it looks way cool. Maybe some day I'll get over myself and just do it. We'll see.

Ok, I think we are today now. This morning, we played basketball with a bunch of other elders. Highlight: Elder Hibbert was there to play with us!!! Holla!! That was soo cool! Way good to see the man. He's so awesome!! After basketball, we had a district activity at the biggest mall in our mission, which happens to be a few minutes from our house. We went bowling. Say what??? Yes, bowling. It was dope!! And not to brag or anything, cuz I'm not good by any means. But some elder with red hair champed all the other elders. Congrats to that soul. In the pic of the screen, (holy poo, did I actually take a picture of the screen? I did. Man, what a conceited loser!!), mine would be the second down, with the C.Yep. Anywho. Then, wait for it, this is the most magical part, we found a wendy's!!! Yes, a real wendy's! It was the most amazing thing ever!! You'd be amazed by the things that are taken for granted in the US. Wendy's is amazing! And the food here was real, it was legit!! So worth every single peso I spent. Ha, actually way expensive. I spent about 10 bucks!! Anyway, that's it!! It was a way way good p-day and I included pics.

I think there was only one other pic not described yet and that was of some more treasure from a nearby bakery. Big as my hand. Yes. I love bakery's! I wish we had more like them at home. Oh well.

Amazing week here!! I'm loving it!! We are so blessed in the US. Be grateful for your blessings. Ah, FHE time. Must run. No time for spiritualness, but the church is true! I promise it! Have a wonderful week everyone, I love you all!!

Much love,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment