About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Floods and transfers...


Well hello hello my momma!!! I'm really sorry, I forgot to mention it was transfer week this week. So P-day was going to be today, wednesday. Then we had some major intense flooding, as you've been following, so the whole week got thrown off. So once again, this will be a very rushed email. I'm sorry!! It's a little bit stupid!! I'm falling way behind on all of the things I have to write about!! But I'm very much 100% fine, so don't worry about me. Once again, give my apologies to the fam and peeps that I don't have time to write them. Especially dad who I think has gotten ripped off for 2 or 3 weeks now. I didn't even really have time to read the emails. We were supposed to have district meeting this morning, but they canceled it with the flooding but then just texted and said we'd have it in about an hour. Yep, 45 minutes one way for travel and 45 minutes back, plus the actually meeting. Kind of takes a big huge chunk out of p-day. So the news really fast. We had a lot of flooding in our area. Pretty quickly. And there is a big main river only a few hundred yards from our house. It flooded a lot of homes, a lot of our members too, just down the street from us. We had water up in the second floor of houses. But luckily, our house is uphill. So it got within about 20 feet or so from our house but never came to it. We got ready to evacuate just in case. We had all the elders from our district in our apartment. But we spent the day hanging out, helping people move furniture and what not. It ended up being a way fun day and a good change from the usual!! It was so super fun! We got really wet too! I have some sweet pics to send home, but that'll have to wait again. I'm sorry :( . Anyway, a lot of the mission is flooded pretty bad, and a ton of our area is still flooded so the elders spent the night with us. Then we broke up for p-day. We were waiting for the word about transfers since district meeting got canceled. They finally came in about an hour ago and I'm transferring. AHHH!! I'm a bit sad-ish about it cuz of all the progress we're having that I won't get to make sure follows through and happens. But elder quinney is staying so he can help that happen. But I don't know if I mentioned, because of how well the work is going, they are splitting our area in half. So elder quinney won't be able to cover all of it. That makes me nervous, but hopefully, he will help them to make sure no one gets dropped. I'm sad cuz I love the area and the people and I'll miss em, but I'm excited for new people and new things!! Transfer meeting will be tomorrow so I won't know anything about a comp or area til then. So next week will be a good week with pics and lots of info!! Sorry it's short!! But I'm doing well! The Lord has been blessing me and the people we've been working with more than I can tell you. The language is coming. Slowly, progress still. I'm happy, healthy, and loving it here!! Haha, and I'm loving the rain!! Every single day. No joke, really, it's pretty fun. Anywho, I gotta bounce. I love you momma!! Have a wonderful week!!

Your boy,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment