About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Call me Maybe"


To all those who suffer the same violent reactions as I do at the sound of the above stated subject line, my apologies. Elder Doria and I have not been able to escape that ridiculous song! It's almost a joke with how often we hear it! DAHHHH!!

Well, this week has been a short one, and there isn't a ton to report. Sorry about that. But there are a few things.

We have found a cool Less Active family that really likes having us visit. We've been here two weeks. They've attended church twice. SCORE!!! They really like us visiting though. They told us that we have good chemistry and we bring a good Spirit. They randomly cook or buy food for us and tell us to come visit. Since they have prepared for us, we can't refuse. They are smart that way. That is the picture of the alligator bread. I may have mentioned that I love bakeries. I stop at them every day to buy bread. They are amazing!! But this family is really poor. The things they do for us are sacrifices. They are amazing people.

This new area is far more poor than my last area. The people here are really really poor. It's hard. But the members are still happy. It really has helped strengthen my testimony even more of this gospel. In this life, we have a lot of material things. And those things are nice. Ha, man, what I wouldn't give to have my car with aircon back. But life isn't about the material things. The people here don't have them. And a lot of the people truly are miserable. It's very very sad. We aren't allowed to give money to people. But we thought about it. How much does that help? We could give them temporary happiness. But they are still in the same, very tough conditions. The only thing we can give these people that will really help them is the gospel. And it really helps!! It changes lives!! People who have no purpose, find a purpose in the gospel. The gospel brings joy and true happiness that doesn't end next month. And with that, we have nothing better to do but share it!! Everywhere, with everyone! It's an amazing gift we have to offer. Remember that. Even doon, in the land of material pleasures, people need the gospel. They may not be miserable or having a hard time on the outside. But everyone needs the gospel. Often, we are afraid to share it. Missionaries are too. The people might reject us. Things might get awkward if we bring up religion and they aren't interested. But that's not coming from a good source. I can promise you anyone heaven-side would encourage you to share it. The least we can do is plant the seed. Give the people a chance. The seed is good. You'll come to be surprised by how many people really are prepared to accept the gospel if we get over our own fear and share it. Slightly selfish to let our own fear rob someone else of the chance of having the gospel. So share it!!

This last saturday was temple tour. We didn't have anyone to take with us. But we had to go anyway. Elder Quinney and a bunch of my old ward was there! I have a pic included. One is a family of investigators that we have been teaching that had a very good church experience and decided to be baptized. Another was our recently baptized convert. And then we had some ward missionaries. Ah, speaking of, before I forget, if you are interested. I was reading through the ensign the other day. May 2011 ensign has my old ward in it! Page 116 or something. Montalbon, Philippines. All of the young women in the picture are from my old ward. Awesome!! Anyway. Temple tour was awesome!!

Yesterday we had a stake ward missionary training. Most of the ward missionaries from the stake came. We had a really good turn out. It was way awesome! I feel like that can definitely help them to have a greater desire to assist in the work. It was way sweet! I'm excited to see what comes from it!!

Today, I'm a little under the weather, so I won't ramble any longer. There are probably other things I could say, but I gotta bounce. Just remember the gospel is true and as members, it is our responsibility to share it with others!! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!!

Much love,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment