About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, September 16, 2013

9-15-13 Come and See


Hey everybody! It's been a super good week this week! Elder Anderson and I have been working all kinds of hard! It's still been raining loads. I feel right at home with the good folks of Utah. We have had flooding too. So it's been great! But we also had a mission tour this week. Elder Echo Hawk came and spoke to us. That was way cool! It's always special to have a general authority come and speak. We had some good training there. 

 

But weekly happenings first! First, on Friday night, I was coming downstairs to go to sleep. But I almost walked into a ginormous spider! He was hanging right about head level on above the stairs. I freaked out like a little girl! It scared me so bad! I've seen them in other people's houses, but never in mine! Not cool! So I had to end his life before I could sleep. And then I was pretty paranoid after that. Sigh. Wuss. 

 

We also had another unfortunate happening. Elder Anderson is a pretty good cook. He is learning me up in the ways of Filipino cooking. On Friday, he made my very favorite; Bicol Express. Nothing better. I love it!! So we bought it all up. He prepared it all. Cooked for about an hour. It was all ready. Smelling great. And then, all that was left was to move it all to the table. But, in the 4 feet of space between the stove and the table, the pan broke. Bicol express....on the floor. And the walls. And the beds. It went far! nearly made it out the front door! And thus, we didn't eat it! It was so sad! And very disheartening for my poor comp. 

 

And yesterday! We had a baptism! Our wonderful Jose couple got baptized! It was a wonderful experience. They really get it too. They have made changes in their lives. It's awesome! 

 

So at the mission tour, we talked a bit about getting the members involved. Members includes all y'all! So I will hit you with what I've got! So, Alma 5:33 - All are invited to come unto Christ. But an interesting thought here. How are they invited? Each missionary can probably ask a couple hundred people. Maybe the general authorities can invite a few thousand. But there are billions of people in this world. How do we get the invite to all of them? Here's how! 

John 1:39 - The apostles all go out and invite others to come and see. The people they invite in turn go and invite yet others to come and see. Basically, all that come to know the gospel and the Savior need to invite others to come and see. 

1 Nephi 8:10-12 - The fruit makes us happy. Makes us desirous that our family (and friends) should partake also. Once we have partaken, we will be desirous to share it with others. 

D&C 18:10,15 - The worth of souls is great. We need to share the gospel with everyone! 

Alma 29:9-10 - When we share the gospel with others and see them change and come to the Savior, we feel joy. The joy from sharing the gospel is incredible! I can promise you that! 

2 Nephi 26:33 - All are invited to come unto the Savior. None are turned away. 

We also have been given a nice example of how to do it. The church has the Work of Salvation videos, I think on lds.org. You see the example of how families can share the gospel with those around them. I recommend watching those with the family and discussing what you can do as a family to share the gospel with others. Miracles follow our faith. Wishing does nothing. The Lord expects action. The only way to bring others unto the gospel is to go and do it! I know that if we will pray for opportunities to share the gospel, they will come. And as we act on them in faith, the Lord will help us to be the means of bringing the blessing of the gospel to others. I hope you all will catch the vision and share with those around you! 

 

Pics. We've got me and my comp getting our Filipino squat on. Then us at our wonderful baptism!! Jose Family!!! Then me and some of my wonderful folks I ran into from Ampid Ward! Being in Montalbon again is wonderful!!! You know what everyone from Ampid says? I'm sooo skinny. Man. Rough, eh? But better than fat!!! And then I ran into a sister that just came back from her mission in Hawaii. Turns out, I actually ran into her in the MTC 18 months ago. She was very excited when she found out where I was headed. Turned out my first area was in her state! And then I came back to the same stake! And then ran into her. It was crazy! Cool, eh? Sorry, not much on pics today. We were working a lot! Not much on pics. 

 

Excellent week though! I'm glad that you're all doing well! Be missionaries! Have a great week!

 

Much love, 

 

Elder Christensen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment