About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Sunday, September 1, 2013

2013-09-01 "Come on lil cloud, you can do it!"



Well, I'm not sure what happened to the rain, but it's gone. GONE! Someone had told me that we had a new storm coming through the area, but I'm not sure what happened to that. It's been nothing but blazing hot the last few days! And I don't know if you know, but blazing hot days make for stinky missionaries. Or at least one particular stinky missionary. Ah yeah, the quote. All who got it, cheers for you. If you didn't, that my friends would be Holes. I feel like I'm in the desert digging holes. I know how they feel. But don't be fooled! Tis not a complaint! I do happen to enjoy heat as well. Ha, kind of. 

But goodness, it's been a good week. I said goodbye to Elder Jensen and the kids and headed out for Montalbon. Sad to see Valenzuela go. I loved it there! But at the same time, it is nice to be back in Montalbon. It's a little weird. Kind of like being back in training again. I have an older companion. Elder Anderson. The man is solid! He is so cool! It's also his last transfer. He will be teaching me loads. The man is full of knowledge and wisdom that I will be happy to take from him. It's the first time I've had a companion older than me in the mission for a long time and it's kind of nice! It's been humbling. I realize how much I still need to do to improve! It's going to be a very good transfer in that way. He is also loads of fun, so we will probably enjoy ourselves. And our area is awesome! Good things on the horizon folks. 

I got here and we got right to work. Great thing about transferring is that you spend your first couple of days completely lost. I never have any idea where I am. And it takes me a few visits to get to know the people. For instance, most of the people that we taught this week, I saw at church. I only recognized a few of them. But it's been awesome! Elder Anderson works hard. We have been constantly on the go. We have spent a lot of time finding less active people. They are all over the place! We are teaching a lot of cool people. We have a family here that will be getting baptized in a few weeks. It's been awesome! 

We had a lesson that we were teaching with a LA sister about the plan of salvation. Then, she somehow brought up the fact that she is addicted to coffee, but how that can't be all that important because it's only something that is physical. Elder Anderson talked about how all commandments that affect us physically, also affect us spiritually. We helped her understand that breaking commandments doesn't just hurt her body, but it hurts her spirit. That was a great lesson! She has been almost a week now without coffee. Bore her testimony about it yesterday in sacrament meeting. It was great! 

I'm way looking forward to the work here. The people are wonderful. The area is beautiful! We have an exciting next couple of weeks. We have a mission tour coming up in about 2 weeks. Elder Echo Hawk will be coming to speak to our mission. Lots of preparation to do for that. 

Sorry there is not a lot here this week. It's been a pretty crazy week. Next week, I'll have more for you. But first, pics!

Pics. First is me and Elder Jensen on my way out. And then a few pics of the area. Ah! This area is beautiful!!! Then us at temple tour with our killer awesome investigator family. And then some of the Valenzuela ward that I ran into at temple tour. 

Now we are finished. Thanks for all the love and support. Keep doing the things you're supposed to do. Read your scriptures! 

Much love, 

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment