About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, July 29, 2013

07-24-13 And So It Begins...



For all y'all out there that are Lord of the Rings fans, I hope you are feeling that one. For all who are not, it's from the second movie (haha, I think) right as the battle for Helm's deep is about to break out. Ah yes. Classic. 

Anyways, all that would of course be in reference to the fact that we have a new transfer upon us. And so far, man, it's been killer! Just going off a numbers, it's been good. For example, this week, we found 11 new investigators. Now, that may not be many for anyone else out there in this world, but that is a mission high for me! Basically, my new comp is a stud! He is ready to work and to work hard. So things are good. We have been plagued with a little issue of health, but hopefully, that is all behind us now and we are all good to go ahead full throttle! Sweetness! 

So just so you all know, my new comp is Elder Jensen. He's from St. George. And he's a rugby boy. He played for Snow Canyon, which played against Matt's team a bunch. And, I think was the last game I got to before I left, one of Matt's bro's got kicked in the head and they had to bring on an ambulance and what not. He was at that game. I probably saw him and just didn't know it. Cool huh? 

This week there has been a lot of rain. So we've had a little flooding. It's been fun! Getting us all excited for rainy season to set in for real! 

An amusing anecdote. This one day, we were teaching. Go figure. I was sitting on a seemingly very solid wooden bench with a ward missionary. Part way through teaching....SNAP! Yes, the bench was a faker. It was not nearly as strong as it appeared. It is now dead. Add it to my steadily increasingly large broken chair graveyard. Sigh. This man is too fat for his own good! 

But we did have a bunch of good work this week. I don't have much time to get into it all so I'll just share one. Sister Durado. I've talked about her a lot recently I think. But that's cuz she's exciting! She owns the bakery. Has two sons that want to get baptized. The two have been coming to church for ages. They came to temple tour. Called us out as being naughty in sacrament meeting. Anywho. She hasn't come to church yet. But we've been going over the gospel of Jesus Christ and repentance. Yesterday, we led that into Baptism. It went super well. She really wants to repent and to do whatever she needs to be better. We talked about how she needs to come to church. She said that it's really not that hard. She just has to make time. And she says she will make time. She says she has felt happy ever since we started meeting. She sees our meeting up as a miracle. And she says she has felt that the things we are teaching are true. She says she is willing to do whatever it takes. She asked us what other commandments she needs to know that she isn't currently living! She wants to know it all and to change and be baptized! She is so solid! We are way stoked for her. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost in our teaching. Not only does it truly guide us as we teach so that we can help with an individuals concerns and problems, but without the witness of the Holy Ghost, no one will desire to change! But when they can truly feel the influence of the Holy Ghost, it's hard to deny and not want to change. And that's how they are led to repentance and all the blessings of the gospel through the Atonement. Ah, it's an incredible process to watch. 

Pics. I've got the last night and final photo with the other elders before they bounced out. And then I've got a pic of me and my comp and the ZL's with some members and investigators. And then some of the flooding. Just a little flooding. Nothing too exciting yet. Then a glimpse of the sign. Yes, you read that right. 9 inch burgers. Welcome to Kalbo Burger. Us with another missionary on his way home. Good man. And then! Our encounter with the much anticipated Kalbo Burger Champion. Feeling enthusiastic to start. But 9 inches later. Wow. I wanted to die. It was basically David and Goliath, but I think David had a much easier time than I did. It was definitely a heated battle, and I barely walked out on top. Actually, the Bishop forced that one on me. Had I not been eating it to make him happy, I couldn't have done it. For glory!!! 
Anyway. I'm way excited for this transfer. Good things are already happening. The Lord is blessing us here in our wonderful little Valenzuela area. I'm excited to see which people will choose to accept the blessings of the Lord! 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen


No comments:

Post a Comment