About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, July 8, 2013

07-01-13 "But We Have Something He'll Never Have...Friends"



Sorry, subject for the week came from a clip I saw of a kids movie. Oh man. Worst lines ever! But, I'm sure it helps kids build character or acquire desirable traits....something like that. 

This week has been....short!! Very much so. I just emailed the other day. But it has also been very good. We had some very successful lessons. Still managed to find more investigators. And of course, managed to have fun, all at the same time! We even have some baptismal dates! Finally! But, that's for next transfer, so don't get too excited just yet. Basically, the work is moving forward. 

But my focus for today comes from yesterday. Yesterday was Sunday. And also, the much awaited for Missionary Broadcast. Wowee! That was a real treat, a real treat (movie quote folks). First, I loved seeing all the missionaries. That's just from the MTC! Man, there were loads! Imagine all the missionaries in the whole world! 70,000 and climbing! Isn't that something? Yeah, put the whole together and then let's hear Called to Serve. Oo, get chills at the thought. Missionaries rock, eh? Speaking of the missionaries there. Saw a few I recognized. One, how about matt's pal...Stout? Jake Stout? Eh, I dunno. Some manner of Stout. Looking all good and missionary like. And then, I think I saw a Stucki? Is that truth? I dunno. But it looked like him. But that's not the main bit!

First, if you haven't watched the broadcast yet, you can just exit out of my email right now. Go ahead and watch the broadcast. It will be so worth your time! I already do missionary work all day on the daily and it made ME want to go and do more missionary work! So, open a new tab, get to lds.org and check it out! It rocks! 

For me, not to ruin it for any of those from the paragraph above who are too stubborn to exit, I will only share a few thoughts. There are too many to share anyway. But, I love the scripture they shared from Alma 31:34-35. One of my favorite scriptures! We all have friends and family that are not yet members or that need to be led back to the blessings of the gospel. Sometimes, we just don't know how to do it. First, we see from this example that we need to pray! Before I served, I was sometimes too afraid to pray for opportunities, because I knew if I did the Lord would bless me with them. Ha, I was just afraid I wouldn't know what to do. I've changed a bit, but my testimony of that is the same. If we pray for the Lord to bless us with opportunities to share the gospel, He will give us chances to share. I testify that is true. The Lord is preparing people all around us and He is waiting for those who are ready and willing to share. We should always be willing and worthy to be on the Lord's errand. Be someone He can count on. When we pray for opportunities, they WILL come. We cannot be content with having the gospel for ourselves. We have to share it with all those who are prepared. Don't be like the younger version of me. Don't be afraid of what to do. As President Packer said, we have to start, and then the Lord will help us say what we need say. The promise is that we will be given in the very moment the portion that is meted to every man. We just have to start first. First comes the trial of our faith. We may be shy or nervous, but if we can start, the Lord will give us help. We just need the courage to go! And that can be the hardest part. I recommend praying for opportunities, praying to recognize them, and praying for the faith and courage to act on promptings and talk to those people. They are our brethren. Their souls are precious. It can be hard to share, but as we overcome that fear, we learn that there is really no reason to be afraid. The worst that can happen is that those people need a little more time to cook. In their minds, they don't feel ready. Ok, plant the seed and stick em back in the oven. No problem! I promise, it feels much better having success and maybe having a few people not quite ready, than to feel and know that you passed up on an opportunity to share the gospel with someone who was prepared. Let's let the Lord know He can depend on us. Get out and share the gospel! Those who are being prepared are everywhere! Just pray and go! 

Wow, what a paragraph. Ha, for fear of doing that again, I'll just leave it at that. If you want REAL encouragement and help for your personal missionary work, please check out the broadcast. It was so good. 

Anyway. Missionary work on this side is moving along well as always. I have a lot of things to improve on to make the work even more effective, but we are doing our best. We have got to head to the church in a bit to teach a lesson to some new investigators. What a wonderful schedule, eh? Pics maybe? There aren't much. Too much work! 

Pic of some of the flooding. Not enough to be really exciting, but it's a start. Doing a little painting service project. Always a good call. Worked a little on my art skills with some clay from my comp. Yeah, guess I won't be going into fine arts. And then some of our brain drink. Check it out! Delicious! But, really it's not brain. Sigh. Haven't had that yet. This is...hm, spelling. Taho? Man, the stuff is delicious. They pass the apartment every morning selling it. Got to buy it every now and again. Delicious! I'll figure out how to make it before I come home so I can make you all drink it! So good!

Anyway, that is all for me this week. Sorry it's short, but so was the week. We'll have (ha, maybe) a longer one next week! Have a good week y'all!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment