About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

02-13-13 Welcome to MY World, Coach Yoast

Thank you, thank you. I know. Best movie ever made. Probably. With a close second of Miracle. Then again, you can't go wrong with Prince of Persia. Then again, there are loads! And none of them are the point or purpose, but I was pleased that the line mentioned above popped into my head when it did. Come to think of it, it probably has nothing to do with my week. But that's ok! Basta lang, it's a good movie. 

This week. First I must say this. I saw a seminary video about Moses. Story about the time he was tempted by Satan right after seeing God. Man, something about Moses had me trippin. But, I think I got it! Unless I'm mistaken (which we certainly won't rule out. happens all the time) the man is Marvin Payne! The beloved director of the Christmas Choir. I was much pleased with this discovery!!

Haha, one day this week, we were walking. Now, this happens a lot. Go figure. Typically, as we walk, people shout at me a lot. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. Very common is "KUYA!!!" which means some little kids just saw me and are now running down the street to get high fives. I love that. Pretty common as well are "Hey Joe!" "Wa's Up Man?" and "Wa's your name?", which I've heard about a million times from everyone. Another good one is that song from what's-er-face. Hey I just met you, this is crazy! Man you hear that a ton. But everyone thinks they are the original person to tell the joke. But no worries! But this day, ha, we struck gold!! We were walking down this road and out of nowhere, this old man comes up to me and starts singing Puff the Magic Dragon. Ano ba iyan?? Now that one is new. My comp and I couldn't help but laugh for a few meters. Ah man. Crazy people. Got to love life as a missionary. Ha, you never know what to expect. 

A bad story. Ah man. Everyone has good language mess ups. And I've had quite a few. But this one was bad enough to make the email. So we were teaching a recent convert. She's 11. Way cool. Her dad is a recently returned inactive. And he's the man. He just shows up and cleans the chapel all the time because he likes to help and be in the church and if he doesn't do it, it might not get done. They are great. Actually, they are the family from the pics last week with weird cookies in our mouths. So, I'm a weird missionary, and I still act like a child. You may think I'm all grown up and mature and all. But na. So I was sticking my tongue out at this girl and she said, "wow, your tongue is huge!" So I meant to say, "You want to see my tongue?" "Gusto mo ba na tingnan ung dila ko?" But, unfortunately, that's not quite what I said. I said, "Gusto mo ba na tikman ung dila ko" or "do you want to taste my tongue?". Oh man. I realized right away that I'd used the wrong one, but man. It's quite different from what I wanted to say. And I may act like a child, but you can't go around asking little girls to taste your tongue!!! AHHHHH!!!! Thank goodness, we all laughed and I corrected myself and they knew what I meant. It's all good. But you can add that one to the books. Don't ever feel confident. If you do, the Lord will kindly humble you very quickly. 

Ho, don't let me get any farther!!! ERRRRRR! (that would be the sound of brakes. but good brakes, not the annoying squeak of the type that need to be changed) Joshua boy, my dear younger brother. Happy Birthday!! You know you've got more of that coming your way in a personal email. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it. Cough cough. Especially the ladies. ANYWAY!!!

Also. So, we taught a lesson this week. Surprise! Yes, we did teach. This man brought up an interesting point that I figured I might as well mention. He is quite inactive. RM daw. He has only been to church a few times since I've been here. Doesn't read scriptures. Has some issues. But the main thing daw, is his job. He teaches for a school and they have activities and field trips all the time on Sunday. We were asking when he would come to church. It's been a few weeks. He said he couldn't this next week because of a field trip. And then he said you know, old people have all the time in the world. Once they retire, they can go to church and be involved in activities and read the scriptures and be involved with the ward and really focus on the Lord. But us younger people, we have to focus on work. And that's where I had to stop him. This is a common problem. It's a problem for everyone. Even back at home. Even for me. We live in a very busy world. There are soo many good things to do. Sports, work, school, friends, activities; those are all good things and there are about a billion more! But they are not the most important things in our lives. That, quite frankly, is a sneaky straight up lie from Satan. He tells us it's ok to put off the things that really matter right now because we will have time later. Now, God understands if we have different things that MUST come first. That is not true. There are so many good things to do that we often get caught up in them and sometimes sacrifice the things that matter most in order to do GOOD things. But we need to take a good hard look and see what's happening. God and Family are the most important things. We get fooled into putting other things first and thinking that we will take care of or fix other things later. Man, this life is the time to prepare to meet God. This is the time to preform our labors. We have to learn what things are truly important and what things make good additional items if we have time. If your job takes you away from God and family, change it. If your sports take you away, change it. If your friends take you away, ha, learn that family are your best friends and change it. Heavenly Father has given us such a good and simple plan to follow for this life. But Satan will do all that he can to distract us or make us forget. We don't know when our time is. Sayang for us if it's tomorrow and we aren't prepared. We need to be prepared every day. We need to be doing our best every day to become like the Savior. Which do you think will be worse at the last day, standing in the presence of our Heavenly Father; "I sacrificed my job for my salvation or I sacrificed my salvation for my job". Take a look folks. Be prepared. 

Anyway. Y'all don't need to hear my preaching. Ah. Anyway. Birthday celebration happened. Today actually. We went to the temple. How better can I celebrate? Did the same thing last year with my good parents and some of my very best of friends. Then we hit up a delicious buffet and ate til we couldn't pack it in anymore. And, I'm proud to say, I didn't eat a single grain of rice in that meal. Success!! But that is about all I have for this week everybody. Thanks for all the support. You all are the best. Serve missions. Serve the Lord. Be good. 

Pics!!! So the first is me with the current Rainbow House Crew. Don't ask where we are at, but that's us. With the crew, we did a little bathroom remodeling service project. Haha, good time. I'll tell you that story some other time. We also had an FHE with a sweet family. And I grabbed a pic of me and my comp eating some Filipino barbecue  He's rocking liver and I'm owning the intestine. Good times. Sorry there isn't a lot of pics this week. I didn't use the camera too much. But we did eat balut again because of the new American here. So. There's a good story that didn't make the pics. 

Have a wonderful week yo!!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment