About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Been A Good Run


Of course, I don't mean that I've been exercising, unfortunately. I wish. But, it's been a mad, crazy good week, and therefore...well, you get the point. 

Ok, I should have a bunch of killer pics uploading right now. Hopefully, you'll find them very enjoyable. I'll start my recollections of this week by following the pics. 

Almost!!! First, a huge thank you to the Momma of Macs for two letters that I got this week. Thank you thank you!! Letters are the best!

Now, the week. So first up I believe was finally a good spider fight that my companion put on for me and some of the other foreigners. It was sweet! We caught two (by american standards) decent sized spiders and let them go at it! Unfortunately, my camera couldn't get very good pics. But it was really cool! I have a new respect for spider man and how well he uses his web. These little guys were pros. Awesome. 

The next pic is because my district sisters love taking pictures! I'm pretty sure we take a picture every time we meet up. And that would be an understatement. We take MANY pictures when we meet. The first is a regular district meeting. That is where we fought the spiders. It was a lovely Tuesday. 

The next day, we had zone conference. It was sooo awesome!! I love hearing from President Sperry, and really, the AP's have been giving us some killer messages too. It was great for me and I have a lot of things I brought away that I can improve on. Of course, my district took pics. And yes, we are all wearing purple. Para unity daw. 

Next, we have a few pictures from Thursday. We had a service project in the morning. It was seriously the nastiest thing I've done here!! It was sooo gross! These people had fabrics of all kinds in a room piled 2 feet deep in about a 13x15 area. They have been there for who knows how long. And they all recently got wet in the flooding. The room was more humid than the outside. Outside is 90%ish humidity, so I don't know what the inside was. But it was crazy! We sweat buckets in no time! I've never smelled such nastiness. And, we had to dig around in it to bag it all up. I don't really know why. Maybe it dries better? I don't know. I don't want to know. It was disgusting! Ha, we had a sister almost losing breakfast over the smell. It was awesome! But it was a project the sisters got for us, so technically, it was her fault anyway. But even though it was so gross, we had sooo much fun! I really have a killer district. And there is something about service that just, well, it's awesome. So we had a very good time being gross. But, I had a crazy intense shower afterward. GROSS! 


Next up is the MTC. Finally got a good pic of the sign. We had temple tour on Saturday. That was awesome. We took a less active and her son. We teach them the most. They love us. They always feed us. The son is crazy! We became fast friends, but the kid is out of control! Then again, I kind of am sometimes too. Go figure. We had a great experience at the temple with them. We've been trying hard to help this sister become active again. And this might (cross them fingers!) be the final push we needed! We'll see. Of course, there are tons of missionaries there! I got to run into all my mates, including Elder Quinney who is about to come home. AHHH!! 

And at the end of all things, I got another picture of our district, plus a few missionaries from this morning. We had a sweet battle of basketball. I must admit, I am terrible. I'll never get into basketball. But we still had tons of fun! I enjoy playing it here. But it does make for a sweaty red head. Ha, but I"m like that every day, so it doesn't really matter!!! 

This week, church was crazy. A few different reasons. We got tons of referrals, which was awesome. Hopefully good things will come from that. We also were told there was a dead guy we needed to go see. Weird? Sure, why not?! Then, there was almost a throw down between the bishop and an in-active RM. I won't go into details, but man, it was nuts!! 

Ok, that's all the pics. Tons, but I have a lot more. Can't fit them all though. Sayang. Anyway. It really was a good week. Elder Doria and I are getting along like brothers. Minus the brotherly fighting, which we don't do. He introduced me to some new fish this week. Loved that. We are finding more people. We are discovering concerns. We haven't quite struck much gold yet getting people to church or in the good water, but there are promising flecks of gold in the sifter. I'm excited for things to come. Whether that be from us or from someone else doesn't matter. The Lord's work will not be stopped. It's moving forward! And it's awesome to be a part of it! As a side note, I took a good look at the ensign. There is a ton of stuff about missionary work, and a lot of it is for people that aren't missionaries. Cough cough. GET IN ON THE FUN!!! Do work!! It's the greatest blessing you will ever experience and you feel like a champ as you can be an instrument in blessing the lives of others at the same time. 

Anyway, this is it for me. I have to bounce. My time here is up!! Be ready for good things next week! I hope you all have a marvelous week!! I love you all!! Take care!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment