About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, September 3, 2012

I'm fat, I'm fat, you know it, you know!


Woe is me! The doc gave his diagnosis and the results are in. The baby isn't due til 2014!! I'll have to live with this pooch for a long time!!! Bummer. Curse the day someone decided rice should be the staple food of the Philippines.

On a happier note, hello one and all! It's been a wonderful week here in my beloved Philippines! I'll hop right down to the good business.

Now, I know that no one wants a week by week update of my reading materials. But this is the last, I swear! I finished Jesus The Christ this week and I honestly can't tell you how good it is. My dad recommended it to me way forever ago. But honestly, I got 15 pages in and was bored out of my mind! But it's all about attitude. When a man gives you an 800 page church book that can't be read without a Urim and Thummim, you get a bit put out. But I must say, it is one of the very best books I've ever read! It gives you insights into the Savior's life that you never could have imagined before! It is incredible and a huge testimony booster! And once you get started, the pages will fly by. It's wonderful. Read it. Ok, lets move on from Readers Digest to the real deal.

First cool story. This week Elder Doria and I got to do splits with some of my buddies from the MTC. Elder Mackie and Elder Steltzer. It was soo awesome!! It was great to see those boys again and even more fun to see how they've improved since the MTC and since they've been here. And, haha, if I'm honest, it was nice to see that my Tagalog has improved as of late. Not meaning that I felt good to see them struggle where I no longer struggle but....ok, I lied. That's EXACTLY what I meant. It was awesome! But they were total champs. Elder Mackie worked with me and I was very pleased with how well he is doing. We taught lessons like a boss. It was sweet!

So we had that FHE last Monday. I included pics. One is our dinner and one is the kids of the fam. Hm, kids. Well, they are mostly older than me, so I don't know what you call them. Anyway, they are active, except for the mom. We have been teaching her. Our FHE and last few lessons have been knockouts!! She is having great progress! It's awesome! Unfortunately, she didn't make it to church, but no worries! Next week we'll have her for sure!! She's great!

We've had some good progress with a bunch of our less active families. We had 4 of them come to church this week, which is a good step up from zero. So that's been exciting for us!

Another pic I included was for those that don't know. Before I came here, I've heard of roaches, but I'd never seen them. I didn't picture them at all how they really are. And we see tons. So, yesterday, I took a good pic to help educate all those who are like me!! Enjoy!!

Random; there is a really huge cathedral in our zone that looks really cool. It reminds me of our days in Europe. I really really want to go in and check it out, but being a missionary, that's sort of bawal. But I still get the best look inside I can every time we walk by. There is even a white nun there! Crazy awesome!!

We heard Christmas music at the store as we bought groceries this week. I thought only my momma was like that. But apparently not!! I think I like it here!!

Yesterday, we had a miracle. We got invited to lunch at the mission home after church. OOOOOOOHHHHH man!!!! It was incredible!! Super american!! It was this amazing casserole with beans and fritos and cheese and sour cream. Seemed like something the G-ma would make. And then there was real garlic bread. Also like the G-ma. Plus real salad!! I was loving life!! That's real salad 2 weeks in a row! Lucky lucky me!!

And of course, it's P-day once again. We played basketball with the other elders from our zone. And we've being doing all of our P-day things with Elder Broadhead and Elder Hathcock from our district. They are wonderful elders. Anywho, that about sums up our week here. We have an upcoming zone conference this week, which I am absolutely stoked for!!

Things here are constantly improving. The language is getting better and better (don't be fooled, I'm still terrible. Seriously) which is sooo nice. Slight communication beats no communication. The people are starting to open up to us a little bit. As we are obedient and do our best to follow the Spirit, the Lord truly blesses us in our work. We have a lot of lessons that after people express their problems, I don't know what to teach. But a scripture will come to mind and then the floodgates just open and we are able to help them through their trials. It's so amazing!!

Anyway, I think that is it for me this week! I love you all and hope you have a very exceedingly wonderful week!!

Much love,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment