About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, October 7, 2013

10/2/2013 NO TITLE!



Hello my family!! This week has been good! I think they all are. It is a mission after all. It's the best! 

So we'll go with interesting stories first. I feel a little bad, cuz I think I put out a little too much info. Too many bathroom related stories, but bare with me (haha, no pun intended). It is just a story of my "brilliance" that I thought should be shared. So this one morning, I'm taking a shower. That is a daily routine here, thank goodness. So I crouch down to have a better angle for attack on my feet. That's especially important for missionaries. Upon getting up, my overly large body collides with one of the water spouts. The darned spout that sticks out to fill buckets. And I sort of broke it. And water started shooting out of the wall like crazy. So I'm trying to shove the bit of pipe back into the wall to stop the water. Trying to keep my cool I yell out to Anderson that he should probably walk outside and shut off our water at the main switch. He unfortunately is just getting out of the shower himself and needs to get dressed. I then commenced the longest 8 minute wrestling match of my life, trying to keep the water in the pipe where it belongs and let it spray me through the wall. It was impressive! It finally shut off and we were able to go to district meeting. Luckily, one of my good mates is in the office and was able to shoot out right after district meeting to fix it for me. Even luckier still, it happened to be a very simple fix. And in my defense, it only broke cuz some doof had broken it before and just shoved it back in with some glue. Lucky lucky me! 

Friday is weekly planning. We decided to do it in style with Pizza Hut. But we didn't have a lot of cash. But we did have a super large gatorade bottle full of peso coins. So we ordered 500 pesos worth of pizza and paid for it in coins. Sigh. A little embarrassing? Yes. A little childlike? Yes. Delicious and completely worth it? Double yes. 

We've also had a recent wave of cockroaches swarm the house! But never fear. We administer death to all that oppose. We are basically living the life of a stripling warrior. For all the thousands we slay, we are yet to have a single casualty on our side of the fight. Pretty impressive percentage. Must have good mommas!

We've still been having lots of rain. Saturday decided to get real feisty and we even got flooding going on. Were we discouraged? On the contrary, we were given new strength! Sometimes, there is nothing better than stomping through floods, completely soaked! Just takes me right back to being 5 years old. 

This week we had another tough time teaching lessons. I don't know if it's the rain or maybe we are stinky, but the people are hiding. But we still had good lessons. We had one with a Less active brother. He has honestly lost his hope that we have a loving Heavenly Father. Now, I may not know all things. I'm not a perfect missionary and I can't quote PMG or the BoM word for word. But if there is one thing I can tell you, I can tell you that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us. He couldn't understand how that could be with all the suffering we go through. I heard a talk which helped me understand that a little. The speaker asked what kind of loving parent would ever intentionally hurt there children or make them cry. To which he replied...all of them. Everyone takes their kids to the doctor to get shots. And to all children (and some red headed missionaries) that has got to be the worst thing in the world! Who wants to get shots? Kids don't get why we need it. What do they see? It's scary. It hurts. They will cry afterwards. Do parents want that? No. But they see the good that shots do for their children. They know how important they are. And they know that it will help avoid more suffering further on. We just don't always get the big picture. Our Heavenly Father allows us to have experiences that will try us and help us grow. And He allowed our Savior to suffer and die for us because He loves us so much. So that we would have a chance to repent and experience peace and comfort for all the wrongs in this life. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us. I know that through the Atonement, we can find peace. We can be healed from all of our pains. We just have to use the Atonement of our loving Savior and learn to come closer to our loving Heavenly Father. 

After all was said and done, we ended up having 15 less actives come to church on sunday, which is a record for us here. That's exciting business! 

Pics! Hm. My pics are being weird. I'll see what I can get for you. Well, I've just got one of my comp doing a heel click in the rain. Sorry, the pics are all jumbled and not showing up completely. Next week na lang. Sorry! 

Well, next week is transfers. Elder Anderson is headed home and someone else is headed in. Sigh. Sad day! But the work goes on! Have a great week everyone! 

Much love,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment