About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

08-27-2013 "I said, MOVE OUT!"



Mulan folks. I know. You were scratching your heads. But as you may know, transfers are upon us. And thus, the quote. Yes, I am bouncing e'rbody! But we'll get there. Today's email will probably be short, cuz I also need to move out of this computer shop. It's time to go! So let's hop to business!

This week was awesome! We started the week with some crazy rain. And as such, everything flooded! It just kept raining and raining! We got word from the area presidency that we were not to go out and work but that we should stay in. Poo. So we did. We spent two days inside. That put a bit of a damper on the work. But when we got back out, we went at it with a vengeance! It was still way tricky cuz we had to stay out of the flooded areas (which was most of our area), but we found plenty of work to do. We were still able to have a lot of success this week. We found a bunch of new investigators. Tons of very good potential investigators. Just lots of good things! The work here is going so well!!

Saturday we had the baptism for the Durado family. The mom and her two sons were baptized. It was so sweet! It was a stake baptism, so we had lots of candidates. President Sperry came and spoke. All in all, it was a very special experience. I'm so happy for my little bakery family and the changes they've been making! The dad does not want to be left out! He is all ready to be taught! Ha, he has started setting the appointments with us and not the other way around! It's awesome. 

Then we had transfer announcements. I am out! Headed back to Montalbon, my first zone! I am sad to be leaving this ward. I love the ward here and the people we have to teach! Crazy how fast the time is flying! It seems like I just got here. But I am excited to be headed back to Montalbon. If I had to transfer, that's a pretty good place to go. My new companion will be an American. It's his last transfer. So you know that we are going to kill the work over there! So, it's been a busy day trying to get everything ready for me to go and the new elder to come here to Valenzuela. I'm so glad for the things that have happened here in this ward. For the lives I've seen change. I know this gospel is true. Living it is the only way to find happiness in this life and eternal happiness in the life to come. There is no other way. I'm so glad to be a part of sharing that wonderful blessing with others! Folks! Serve missions! It's the best!

But I'm out of time! Must be running! Still lots to do before I head out tomorrow morning! But first, pics!

Loads of pics. As in literally, a few hundred pics this week. So I can't even begin to send everything. But a few of the flooding. After we were allowed back outside. So it was way down. But still flooded! And then our sweet baptism!!! Us with our district right after our last district meeting. Boy are we going to miss our little zone leaders! One of me and my snake friend. DON'T LET G-MA SEE! A picture of the Costales clan at FHE. They threw us quite the going away party.  And then a pic of me and Elder Bustillo (also transferring) and two of the coolest members ever! It's just a sample. Sorry, I can't send em all. But no worries. We will have TONS of pics to look at when I get home! But that's all for now!!\

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment