About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Monday, June 17, 2013

06-10-13 The Monkey's His Uncle?

The monkey in question may indeed be my uncle. Then again, most of my uncles seem to have evolved past the whole monkey stage. So maybe we can count out the uncle thing. But the monkeys and I are sure closely related. The whole theory of evolution probably didn't consider the fact that there were still some people who are still monkeys in heart and mind. I suppose that makes me a scientific discovery. Upon my return to the promised land, should you all turn me in, you may come across a lot of money. Just be sure to pick a good research facility, one that is against animal cruelty. Although, should they be into the whole "testing shampoo on animals" thing, that's ok. I could use a good bath. 

This week was...I admit, kind of lacking in the teaching department. We had a lot of meetings and trainings and interviews and baptisms and what not. It seemed to be a crazy long and busy week. And here we are again, emailing. You know what we did have a lot of this week though? Rain. Ah, it's been glorious! We are officially moving into rainy season. It's my favorite here!! And being in a very cityish area, that means flooding. The last few nights we've had to take random, long routes home to avoid the yucky flooding filthy water. It's going to be a good rainy season!!

It is a new transfer. We have 4 new missionaries in the district. Elder Bustillo, my house mate. Also came into the mission the same time as me. He's super cool. Then we have 3 new sisters. 2 trainees, one Filipina and one American from Hawaii. Then the trainer of the American sister. Everybody is super cool. Just more to add for another great transfer. 

I have learned some new good things this week. There will be some changes in the work we do here. We have had a less active focus since I got to the mission. But that means that baptisms are super low. The area presidency has decided we need to start going back more towards investigators. So.....we can shelf all of our non-progressing LA folk and find some investigators! It will be an interesting week! 

One of the few lessons we did have this week was with a LA family who is starting to return to church. A momma, Pop, and 3 sons. The dad is always out and about working, so we rarely see him, including at church. The momma and her youngest son (16 years old) are doing really good. We teach them a lot and they have been coming to church pretty steadily. The older two sons (18 and 20) are alright, but not as good as the younger bro. But they are doing ok at getting to church. The youngest is all into seminary and church activities and getting ready for a mission. BUT! The older two do not want to serve missions. So we had a really good lesson about missionary work. It's something that's very easy to share about. We'll see what happens for them. 

Hey, speak of the devil, here comes the rain! And it is pouring!!!! WOOHOO!!! But guess who didn't bring his umbrella when he left the house 7 hours ago! Oh yes, that would be me! Busted!

Also, we had temple tour this week. We didn't have any investigators come with us, but we did have 2 less actives. That was a good experience for them. And they've had questions about the plan of salvation and the temple and how that all works out, so that was great!!

Cool thought from President Sperry this week. Impatience is to question God's omniscience. Sometimes we expect things on our own schedule. But of course, we have to have faith and trust in the Lord and know that all things will happen according to His wisdom in His time, in the time when we will benefit the most and have the most growth. So everybody practice your patience! Practice your faith!

Pics are dece this week. The first few are the flooding last night on the way home from the church to our apartment. It was awesome!! We had to do some fun things to stay out of the water. Also, some wonderful person figures they pretty much live in Zion and labeled our wonderful city as such. I don't know that I agree. But still had to have a pic. Then a few more pics. Me with my monkey pals. Thus the whole monkey thing at the beginning. The temple tour we took. And then a little something we saw earlier today on Youtube. What do you know? I'm famous!!

I know, I know. It's a lousy email, at best. But that is all I have. Oh, I suppose I could add the fact that I saw some simple calculus yesterday, and man was I beyond stumped. I have officially forgotten the entire school experience I've had up to this point in my life. I am in some trouble folks!!! Anyway, I wish you all a wonderful week! 

Much love, 


Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment