About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

04-08-13 Where My Pie?


Tha's big radio right der Ms. Jones. Hello my family!! Another week come and gone. And for all of your information, I haven't seen conference yet!! So ease up on all the conference secrets!! We are a week behind you here. So relax! One more thing to add to your list of blessings. 

I don't really know what to say to you all this week!! It's been a very good week! We are still finding new people to teach. Then again, if we weren't, the days would get pretty empty out here. We are finding all kinds of folks. Our wonderful couple Danika and Mike are coming along so very well. They are just awesome people. If I could bring back anyone from here for you all to meet, it would probably be them. They are awesome. I have no pictures with them yet! Hm, I will change that for you. See what I can do for you. "I know a guy". 

We found ourselves a few new investigators. Mostly just stopping and talking to random people. It's a good time. A good way for us to find people is anyone that says, "Hey Elders!" Anyone that knows we are the elders has some manner of experience. Usually LA's or prime new investigators!! Awesome! Our ward attendance is also up. Around the highest it's ever been, which for us isn't too much. Don't laugh. It's not Utah. But we have been hitting around 200 people. Big numbers folks. Big numbers.

We had a few people in my ward die this week. That was crazy. They have both been sick for ages. The one man has been curled in a ball since I got here 6 months ago cuz he's in so much pain. Poor man. What a blessing for him. And how fortunate for his family to know the Plan of Salvation! We taught that to a class of kids yesterday. It's so simple that even the kids can understand! But at the same time, it's so crazy how everything fits in and is so key and important for all of us! 

We also found a man this week that is a very inactive member. Hasn't been to church in 25 years. Some of the members wanted us to go visit him. We finally found him. He was very drunk. Told us that he served faithfully for 20 years, and now, he's done. Member at heart, but as for the church now, stopped. Don't worry, God will understand. He was going to send us away, but his daughter stopped him. She is visiting. She wants us to teach her kids. She's a member but has been inactive as long as the dad. Her kids only speak English! First lesson in English! Man that was weird. I don't teach in English! It was probably harder than teaching in Tagalog. Crazy. I'm excited to go back and try to share with the Tatay. We are representatives of Jesus Christ, sent to him because the way he is living is not enough. Being active for 20 years is not enough. There is this thing called the gospel. And the final part of it is Endure to the End. That's kind of the thing is we have to actually endure to the end! Yikes. So we'll be going back to him to try and help him out. And his grandkids, so I can teach in English again. Oh boy...

Now, I know this is a short email. I'm sorry about that. But I really don't have much to say. The week was very good, but there's not much to say. It's been very good though!! Don't worry, I'll hit you all with a better one next week! Ha, hopefully. 

Pics for the week. I've got me and the comp with our Ward Mission Leader and his family. They are awesome!! He is a great man! Then I've got a couple of me rocking out on the piano with some our good friends. And then a pic just down the road as we were walking. Not much. No time for the camera!! Sorry! 

Anyways. I hope you all have a superb week! Study them scriptures!!

Much love, 

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment