About Me

My photo
Somehow, two years have passed. And Dallin will be flying back to the states on March 26th. It has been quite the adventure! I will encourage him to add his own summary when he gets back...(Living the good life in the Philippines, Quezon City North Mission. Entered the MTC in Provo on April 4, 2012. Flew to the Philippines on Sunday, May 13, 2012. What a great adventure! And what an honor to serve the good people of the Pines!)

Sunday, January 6, 2013

01-06-2013 The Day After Christmas!!!!


I hope for all of you, that line resounded in your head in the voice of huey, duey, or luey, or whichever of the 3 little ducks from the Mickey's Christmas movie actually spits the line. Cuz that's how it went for me.

Anyway!!! What is up, one and all?! The holiday season, as well as the beloved year of 2012 are over!! We are just flying! The work here in good old Sampaguita is flying as well. We have had a marvelous week. We just keep having people coming closer and closer to where they need to be!!! It's the best!! We've got baptisms all over the place! This upcoming week, we've got two more. We've got about 10 more people on the line for the upcoming weeks. We've got less active folk all coming back to church. Pretty much, let me lay it straight for you. Being on a mission is the place to be. In particular, rocking the Philippines in good old Sampaguita is really the place to be. It's what's up. We are just wading through spiritual blessings out here. So I'm not sure what I've even told all y'all back at home in my last two emails. They were terrible and devoid of information. Sorry about that. Ha, but if I'm honest, I don't have a lot of info for this week. It's just been insanity. Laying down the good word all day every day. Pretty much leading people in crowds to the chapel. What can I say, the Lord is just amazing that way. 

Ok. So. I have a Filipino comp. My two kano buddies moved out of our apartment. So it's just me and my comp now. He does not speak english. So I was worried about it being weird with only us two. Na, it's been cool. I have had my good old English crutch removed. All day every day now is only Tagalog. And it's really not bad. And it's really helpful for my language!! So we are rocking it! 

I have to admit to you all, my emails are best when I write things down through the week. I have not been doing that as of late. Right now, I have nothing from this week as far as specifics go. So we'll go by memory and pics. 

So one cool thing I do remember. We have a new investigator this week. His name is Tata. His brother or cousins or something live in our ward and he is living with them. The man is Born Again, so he has a good strong belief in Jesus Christ. But this man has loads of questions. Loads. And they usually seem like he thinks he's found a hole in our lessons. So he'll hit us with a good old question and then we've got to explain it. In Tagalog, by the way. Not even trying to hit tough questions in English, but we've got to run the whole Tagalog route!! Anyway, we've taught him 3 times and every time, the beginning is rough. But in the end, ah man, the Spirit takes over and just gives the man a good solid Pacquio knock out punch to the heart. The last 15 minutes or so of every lesson have just been the dankness. The man has been satisfied with the answers he is receiving from us and from the Holy Ghost. That's the power of the Holy Ghost. Reminds me of a good scripture about the sons of Mosiah. Because of their preparation (prayer, fasting, and diligently searching the scriptures), in addition to having a sound understanding, when they taught, they taught with power and authority. I'm pretty sure that power wasn't coming from them, but it comes from what the Holy Ghost testified to the hearts of those that they were teaching. Which is why from the scripture I shared from Ether a few weeks ago, we don't need to worry about our weaknesses. The Lord knows what our weaknesses are. We are to do the very best we can. The Lord will strengthen us, and when we are doing all we are supposed to, we will have the Holy Ghost with us to do the real work, regardless of how talented we are in a language or how good we are at giving advice to a broken family. We do our part and the Lord will do the rest. He won't leave us hanging. 

On a less spiritual note. I went out with Elder Molnar the day before they moved and took pictures dressed up in a banana suit. Yeah, don't ask why, but he has a banana suit. Fun fact; banana trees are quite common here. So we went out and grabbed a few pics. I know. Missionaries are weird. 

Also on the side of pics. So we did a service project for a lady this week. She just moved into a new house. She had a little tin roof canopy quan (thingy) on the front of her old house. The good old Missionary Demolition Crew took care of that. We tore it all down. Tin, boards, nails, spiders, lahat. We ran all that stuff over to her new house and built her a fence in the back. Now, to all of you, the fence might look pretty ghetto. But for where we live, it's pretty dang nice and classy!! I'm pretty proud of our work! Let's just say, when the time comes to build my kids a tree house, Imma be a pro!!

I have some pics of a kid from our ward. He's got some struggling parents, but man, he's a cute kid!!! 

I grabbed some pics of one of my favorite desserts. It's pretty much to die for. Literally, over here, you might die from eating it. You never know. But I'm going to bring it back and bless your lives with it. It's incredible. Fruit salad yo. Don't mess with my fruit salad. 

Also, I took a pic of a bottle here because it made me think of a black man from the funniest tv show ever!! Let you guess what pic that is! 

And some pics of the fireworks from our apartment balcony. 

And a pic of the coolest returning less active ever. Siya at ung apo niya. Dope. He's just awesome. Ready to get himself back to the temple. 

Anyway. That is about it for me. We've been killing it out here. The blessings of the Lord are just pouring down on us. Even more than the rain is. And that's impressive. So life is wonderful. When in doubt, serve a mission. Keep it real back there. Please enjoy that snow for me. 

Much love, 
 
Elder Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment